D
DrFloyd
Guest
Hi all, I have sort of an interesting problem.
About a month ago, I went to confession and attended Mass for the first time in a few years. I fully intended to begin attending weekly and become active in the parish. However, what stopped me was something which in all the years before had never bothered me.
I went to Mass on Saturday evening. On Sunday night, in bed, I started thinking about the Eucharist, and I began to have a real internal struggle. It is very difficult for me to explain what exactly the struggle was with – but, essentially, it was over my unworthiness to be able to consume such a divine object, and my fear that I should not do so because I was unworthy.
Has anyone else ever had this problem, or heard of it? I have wanted to return to my Catholic roots – when I was a teenager, I wanted to be priest for years and attended a Catholic college, but that’s a story for another thread – but this “fear” has stopped me cold. I have said to a few friends that I feel I need a “Catholic counselor”, and that is primarily what brought me here.
I thank anyone who responds to this.
About a month ago, I went to confession and attended Mass for the first time in a few years. I fully intended to begin attending weekly and become active in the parish. However, what stopped me was something which in all the years before had never bothered me.
I went to Mass on Saturday evening. On Sunday night, in bed, I started thinking about the Eucharist, and I began to have a real internal struggle. It is very difficult for me to explain what exactly the struggle was with – but, essentially, it was over my unworthiness to be able to consume such a divine object, and my fear that I should not do so because I was unworthy.
Has anyone else ever had this problem, or heard of it? I have wanted to return to my Catholic roots – when I was a teenager, I wanted to be priest for years and attended a Catholic college, but that’s a story for another thread – but this “fear” has stopped me cold. I have said to a few friends that I feel I need a “Catholic counselor”, and that is primarily what brought me here.
I thank anyone who responds to this.