Federal Judge Strikes Down Nebraska Same Sex Marriage Ban

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
David_Paul:
Took a Federal judiciary packed with activist judges to notice.
This is a rather silly way of stating things. It took a campaign to get the amendment on the ballot, then get it passed in a statewide election, then another group to challenge it - only then did the federal court “notice” it.
 
Right. A Bill Clinton appointee who chaired his state Democratic Party had no idea gays have been pushing for marriage. He had no knowledge of the last 50 years of the left using courts as supra-legislatures. Liberals would never, ever coordinate with judges in order to push an agenda in court they cannot win at the ballot box.

He was just sitting on the bench, minding his own business when this fell into his lap. News to him that voters were upset with other courts (and at least one mayor) usurping the power of legislatures.

Sheesh…
 
40.png
beckers:
I’m confused so if someone can explain something to me I will be for ever grateful…

How is possible for a federal judge to tell the State that something is wrong. Since the US consitution doesn’t saying anything specfic about marriage then there is nothing wrong with a state limiting it. Plus it is a STATE choice not A federal choice!
Well it’d get a little confusing if different states had different definitions of marriage. i wish we werent so separated by states. ‘red states’ ‘blue states.’ We’re all Americans. I think we should have a law for the whole country on marriage that is best for America. I dont know how the vote should be determined, though.
 
40.png
Brad:
I agree. People wonder why we have such a low voter turnout in this country. Could this be part of the reason? A law that is passed by a very large margin of voters, is overturned by one, probably biased, maybe paid off, judge? I have really considered not voting anymore. They are trying the same thing here in Ohio.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top