Feeling embarrassed after confession

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shy_christian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shy_christian

Guest
Hi please I need help

I’m a female and I know it’s rare but I committed acts of impurity. I had a good confession but since then I keep feeling akward, or ashamed. And I’m afraid to see the priest again for he knows me. And I go for Mass daily every two weeks. Please help!!! God bless
 
Last edited:
But how do I get inner peace. I feel like he will remember when he sees me again. I’m frustrated
 
Be at peace, your sins are forgiven. And I have heard many Priests state that when they leave the confessional they don’t remember anything they heard in there.
 
Thank you. But I can’t help but feel really embarrassed. Whenever I have a good confession I don’t feel at peace with myself
 
Thanks for the help. What do you suggest I do to keep my mind off such
 
Perhaps do traditional (behind the screen) confession rather than face-to-face. Or go to confession at a different parish.
 
Whenever I have a good confession I don’t feel at peace with myself
There’s your clue right there! You make a good confession = God enormously happy. You make a good confession = satan enormously unhappy.
You’ve made a good confession, so these feelings of shame or guilt are either coming from satan to tempt you to avoid going to Mass now and receiving Jesus - thus separating you from God in this way, is one of his tactics. The only other option is these feelings are from pride. The perfectly understandable human response to “What’s Father going to think of me?”
He’ll probably be very happy to see you attending Mass and receiving Communion!!
 
I always follow my parents wherever they go. And it’s always in the same parish where there isn’t a confessional so the priest always knows it’s me
 
Well first off, you’re doing the absolute right thing by confessing. And you are confessing something very difficult, and, as you say embarrassing. But it’s ok. The priest has heard these before, and you are forgiven. You deserve a lot of credit. You’re doing a good job.

Also keep in mind, that it would be sinful for the priest to hold these sins against you somehow; he is not casting judgment upon you when he sees you. If anything, he probably sees you as honest and courageous.
 
I’m a female and I know it’s rare but I committed acts of impurity.
This is a trick of Satan, to make us thing our sins are very rare or unique. Sins of impurity are very common, your priest hears both men and women confess these sins all of the time.

The priest will think nothing less of you.
And it’s always in the same parish where there isn’t a confessional so the priest always knows it’s me
The parish is required by the law of the Church to provide a place for anonymous confession.
 
Last edited:
I’m below 18 that’s why I think it’s rare for girls my age
 
It is not rare. Speak to your pastor, to your youth minister.
 
It is as simply as hanging up a sheet of fabric between two chairs to provide anonymous confession. Or two chairs seated back to back.
 
Last edited:
As others have said, it is not a rare sin.
Consider that your embarrassment is actually a form of pride. You want the priest to think highly of you. But like all of us, the priest included, you are a sinner. Rejoice in the freedom of forgiveness Jesus gives and try to turn away from human respect. You’ll be the happier for it
 
I have also replied to your other thread - possibly concerning the same confession.

Be at peace. You’ve given the sin to God - so let go.
 
Christ knows our sin and calls us by our name

Satan knows our name but calls us by our sins.

Let Christ rule in your heart and mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top