Feeling Hopeless

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rationalists
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I arrived in fourth grade, I was still in that class. However, I was growing out of it, and I spent more time in the regular class. My teacher still thought I was legitimately retarted, would not help me with my work, and I could not make any friends. In fifth grade, I made a friend I lost about two weeks ago. We had a stupid argument that made us lose our friendship until eighth grade. In fifth and sixth grade, I had basically no friends, with the exception of having one sleepover in middle school. In seventh grade, I met a kid who was the male version of a soulmate for a straight guy like me. I had Kyle and Erik, two great friends that I thought would always be there. In my sophomore year, however, Erik decided to stop being my friend, preferring his band partners over me, I assume. He only said that he was moving in another direction, never explaining why. Last year, during the fall, I reflected back to everything. I decided that I hadn’t led a good life. I deserved to lose Erik, have few to no friends, have no girlfriend, and have horrible physical pains everyday from the stress of life. I became basically a Born Again Christian. I decided I would be kind, helpful, nice, good, friendly, social, and love God. I tried, but in January, I couldn’t take pain anymore. I felt the same this August. I was saved both times from Hell.
 
I have been hoping for a change in my life. I don’t want to go to college, but I am forced to. I have no blue collar skills. I hate going through the same routine every weekday, and listening to my teachers lecture about things I will never need. I wish I could be a self made man, because I don’t have much pride. I can’t smoke in the house, and now not at all. I don’t have a driver’s license, and I don’t know if I will ever. They say I’m getting close, but that’s been over the last two years. I don’t know if I can make it through college, or ever move out. I have no friends now, can’t socialize at college, want a companion, like a girlfriend, but I don’t think I’ll ever improve on any of these things. I feel if Jesus could have helped me, he already would have. He kept me alive when I thought I should have died, and I am physically healthy today. I wish He could understand my personal suffering. He knew for His entire life that He was going to be crucified, but accepted it, because He knew that He would be in Heaven when He died. His father is Master, so He knew He would be saved. He never had to worry that His life on Earth would be unhappy, and then He would die and turn to dust without an afterlife.
 
Everyone goes through problems, please please please keep your head up, I’m going through a lot right now too… I have been a practicing Catholic my whole life. Know that God will not give you more than you can handle, pray and talk to him through your happiness and sadness. He WILL guide you in the right direction.

I noticed you’re still in school… highschool/ college?

We can’t change who are parents are or guardians, but pray for your parents. Pray to God for your parents, and mutual respect with them. Know that “this too shall pass” and you will soon be an adult, your own life and future. Keep your head up. Life kicks us in the butt sometimes, but God will keep you steady on your feet if you let him. Don’t feel hopeless, you have a bright future ahead of you.

<3
 
I have been hoping for a change in my life. I don’t want to go to college, but I am forced to. I have no blue collar skills. I hate going through the same routine every weekday, and listening to my teachers lecture about things I will never need. I wish I could be a self made man, because I don’t have much pride. I can’t smoke in the house, and now not at all. I don’t have a driver’s license, and I don’t know if I will ever. They say I’m getting close, but that’s been over the last two years. I don’t know if I can make it through college, or ever move out. I have no friends now, can’t socialize at college, want a companion, like a girlfriend, but I don’t think I’ll ever improve on any of these things. I feel if Jesus could have helped me, he already would have. He kept me alive when I thought I should have died, and I am physically healthy today. I wish He could understand my personal suffering. He knew for His entire life that He was going to be crucified, but accepted it, because He knew that He would be in Heaven when He died. His father is Master, so He knew He would be saved. He never had to worry that His life on Earth would be unhappy, and then He would die and turn to dust without an afterlife.
Jesus DOES understand your suffering. And while I don’t have all the answers one thing I am sure of is that your suffering would be considered a life of juxury to millions of people on this planet?

Wanna do a swap with some family in Africa and have their kid move into your house and you go move into a mud hut somewhere out in a jungle?

I meant for this post to be harsh on purpose to give you perspective.

No matter how large your problems are, YOU are going to have to be the one to figure a way out. I choose to move to a homeless shelter to get away from abusive parents. NOT FUN. But then again, now I’m married, have a wife job and child, and live in my own apartment. If I didn’t make that move to the homeless shelter I’d bet you I’d be a 45 yo recluse that lived in their parents basement and had no friends or social contacts at all and would be a person in town that everyone talked about behind my back…I made a choice. A difficult one. Not suggesting you make MY choice…but your life is not going to change unless YOU change it. Doesn’t mater if your parents are responsible for creating your problems. They are IN YOU now, so now they are YOURS. And being resentful towards your parents is going to do NOTHING to help you solve your problems IN ANY WAY AT ALL.

Consider seeing a psychiatrist and therapist. Ask if your parents will pay. If college were an option I would JUMP at the chance. Or a trade school if you feel you would be more suited toward that.

You don’t want to be 30 yrs old posting these same issues here, trust me.

God Bless,
Bill
 
I have been hoping for a change in my life. I don’t want to go to college, but I am forced to. I have no blue collar skills. I hate going through the same routine every weekday, and listening to my teachers lecture about things I will never need. I wish I could be a self made man, because I don’t have much pride. I can’t smoke in the house, and now not at all. I don’t have a driver’s license, and I don’t know if I will ever. They say I’m getting close, but that’s been over the last two years. I don’t know if I can make it through college, or ever move out. I have no friends now, can’t socialize at college, want a companion, like a girlfriend, but I don’t think I’ll ever improve on any of these things. I feel if Jesus could have helped me, he already would have. He kept me alive when I thought I should have died, and I am physically healthy today. I wish He could understand my personal suffering. He knew for His entire life that He was going to be crucified, but accepted it, because He knew that He would be in Heaven when He died. His father is Master, so He knew He would be saved. He never had to worry that His life on Earth would be unhappy, and then He would die and turn to dust without an afterlife.
Breezy, if you could picture what state of mind I was in around your age. ADHD, heavy burden of shame and introversion, social anxiety, depression, fear of intimacy (not sex) for fear people would hurt me, absolute panic that anyone would find out I was a dimwit and ridicule me, the future looked bleak etc. It took a long time for things to work out, it involved being dirt poor, out of work because I could not face being around others, being filled with hate, bitterness, anger, getting a job to wash the dishes in a restaurant at 30 because I could not see myself being able to do anything else, that was like the ultimate proof that I was a loser and a failure, BUT I pressed on. “Slowly learning that life is okay”, it took me close to 40 years to do that. Now and again the old fears and negativity will crawl to the surface but they don’t linger. God will most likely not solve all your issues overnight, but keep the conversation going and constantly ask for his grace and help and good things WILL happen. God bless. “Everything works together for the good of those who love (and trust in) God.” Joyce Myer: “I’m not where I ought to be, but thank God I’m not where I used to be” You’ll say the same thing with tears streaming down your face in a few years down the road.
 
Jesus DOES understand your suffering. And while I don’t have all the answers one thing I am sure of is that your suffering would be considered a life of juxury to millions of people on this planet?

Wanna do a swap with some family in Africa and have their kid move into your house and you go move into a mud hut somewhere out in a jungle?

I meant for this post to be harsh on purpose to give you perspective.

No matter how large your problems are, YOU are going to have to be the one to figure a way out. I choose to move to a homeless shelter to get away from abusive parents. NOT FUN. But then again, now I’m married, have a wife job and child, and live in my own apartment. If I didn’t make that move to the homeless shelter I’d bet you I’d be a 45 yo recluse that lived in their parents basement and had no friends or social contacts at all and would be a person in town that everyone talked about behind my back…I made a choice. A difficult one. Not suggesting you make MY choice…but your life is not going to change unless YOU change it. Doesn’t mater if your parents are responsible for creating your problems. They are IN YOU now, so now they are YOURS. And being resentful towards your parents is going to do NOTHING to help you solve your problems IN ANY WAY AT ALL.

Consider seeing a psychiatrist and therapist. Ask if your parents will pay. If college were an option I would JUMP at the chance. Or a trade school if you feel you would be more suited toward that.

You don’t want to be 30 yrs old posting these same issues here, trust me.

God Bless,
Bill
Valid points. Remember that if a rich man born rich had to instantly jump into my life, he would probably kill himself. Since I have been living my life my whole life I find more happiness in the few things I do have than he finds in all of the things I do not have.
Perspective is a funny thing. There is someone in a hut in Africa that is happier than the richest men in the world. Parasites in the water and all.

Breezy try to remember what God told St. Paul “My grace is sufficient for my power is made perfect in weakness.” God teaches that all of the things that we as men value hold no actual value. Anyone around you that judges you for supposed “short comings” have no idea what matters and what does not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top