L
Looking_back
Guest
I married my protestant husband 15 years ago and have been with him for 20 years. He has been nothing but a wonderful husband to me in nearly every way, and he is the father every woman would want for her son. When we married, we married in a protestant church. (I was a lapsed Catholic at that time and guess I still am in many ways. There is a lot of Catholic doctrine I do not, and don’t feel I ever could follow) I’ve never had our marriage convalidated, yet I have always taken communion at mass which I’ve always attended although not always regularly, and Dh has never tried to prevent it and has gone with me many many times. I also, however, often take communion at this church. We agreed our son, would be raised protestant but very much exposed to his Catholic heritage. I am a product of Catholic school. OUr son was baptized in protestant church
For a number of reasons, we find our son in Catholic school. He started in 1st grade and is now in 2nd. I don’t know. The uniforms, being involved with his school events, etc. have made me feel nostalgic I guess. I would love for my little boy to take first communion and have his first reconciliation.
I’ve casually mentioned this to my husband, and while he did not say “no” he did not seem at all supportive, saying he was for letting our son explore his Catholic heritage, but didn’t see how he could let him take part in the sacraments.
I don’t know how I feel. I feel torn. I see his points, but I also know how I feel. I think it’s going to break my heart to see my neices first communions knowing our son could be doing that as well.
For a number of reasons, we find our son in Catholic school. He started in 1st grade and is now in 2nd. I don’t know. The uniforms, being involved with his school events, etc. have made me feel nostalgic I guess. I would love for my little boy to take first communion and have his first reconciliation.
I’ve casually mentioned this to my husband, and while he did not say “no” he did not seem at all supportive, saying he was for letting our son explore his Catholic heritage, but didn’t see how he could let him take part in the sacraments.
I don’t know how I feel. I feel torn. I see his points, but I also know how I feel. I think it’s going to break my heart to see my neices first communions knowing our son could be doing that as well.