S
starchick21
Guest
Hey, guys! Lately, I’ve been feeling unsatisfied in my faith. I’m a freshman in college, and I’ve made some wonderful friends at my university’s Catholic Newman Center. I admire them so much, and I love how enthusiastic and on fire they are for the faith. I really wish I could be like that, but I’m not, and I don’t know why. They’ve talked about how they feel God’s presence and hear him speaking to them when they pray, but whenever I pray, I feel nothing. It just feels so empty, like no one is listening. I don’t like this feeling. It’s truly awful. Also, when I go to Mass, I can’t help but notice how devoted and into it everyone else is. I feel like I’m just going through the motions, and I even ask myself sometimes, “Do I really believe in all this?” I’m scared of thinking this way, and I don’t want to end up losing my faith. It’s just so hard, and so frustrating. What am I doing wrong, and why don’t I feel God’s presence in my life? If anyone could help me out, I’d greatly appreciate it 