A
aicirt
Guest
There is a beautiful memorial garden outside of our Church. The ashes are put directly into the soil, no urn. I like it because I know I’ll visit after Sunday Mass and because flying Mom up north where she’d be buried alone is very sad.
Mom didn’t want to be cremated. Twenty-five years ago, she purchased a space in one of those high rise structures. No other family member is in that cemetery and I know we’ll never get up there to visit.
Part of me is okay with the decision I’ve made but another part feels it isn’t what she wanted. And the biggest thing, when I think about it and I do try not to, is the distruction of the body.
Some lovely people are in the garden, and the priest, who gave her the last rights, said he plans to be buried there too.
What are your thoughts?
Mom didn’t want to be cremated. Twenty-five years ago, she purchased a space in one of those high rise structures. No other family member is in that cemetery and I know we’ll never get up there to visit.
Part of me is okay with the decision I’ve made but another part feels it isn’t what she wanted. And the biggest thing, when I think about it and I do try not to, is the distruction of the body.
Some lovely people are in the garden, and the priest, who gave her the last rights, said he plans to be buried there too.
What are your thoughts?