H
henrikhank
Guest
Chairete!
Where can I read about the dictrine of felix culpa?
My understanding is that Thomas Aquinas taught that there were two possibilities: If Adam and Eve had never sinned Jesus would never have been incarnated. If they sinned Jesus needed to be incarnated and that’s what happened.
My understanding is that Bonaventura only taught that Jesus would have been incarnated. He never taught that the other option of Thomas Aquinas. I mean, sure Jesus only incarnated due to the fact that Adam and Eve sinned but I don’t think Bonaventura could think of a world without Jesus being incarnated.
Am I wright or wrong?
Where can I read about the dictrine of felix culpa?
My understanding is that Thomas Aquinas taught that there were two possibilities: If Adam and Eve had never sinned Jesus would never have been incarnated. If they sinned Jesus needed to be incarnated and that’s what happened.
My understanding is that Bonaventura only taught that Jesus would have been incarnated. He never taught that the other option of Thomas Aquinas. I mean, sure Jesus only incarnated due to the fact that Adam and Eve sinned but I don’t think Bonaventura could think of a world without Jesus being incarnated.
Am I wright or wrong?