B
blue_skies_1
Guest
I was just thinking about what it means to be a woman in the modern world. I don’t so much mean questions about whether to work outside the home or be a ‘full time mother’ as I’m not at that stage yet… I just mean, things like behaviour, what it feels like to be truly feminine, what’s authentic femininity? I don’t really understand the concept! The best I have come up with is trying to be more like our Blessed Mother - gentle, nurturing, accepting etc. But we women can also be strong, go-getters who achieve all kinds of things etc, can’t we? (I don’t mean that to contrast with ‘weak’ female behaviour as both are strengths in different ways).
Sometimes I feel confused about how I am meant to be. I enjoy being the typical girlie girl but at the same time I don’t want to feel as if I’m playing a role rather than being myself. Some women seem to be more ‘naturals’ at it than me too (if that makes sense) and I rather admire that quality as I’m rather shy and awkward and don’t come across the way I would perhaps like to. I also think real femininity is very attractive so I would love to feel more so
Not that I’m boyish in any way!
Goodness, this is turning into such a ramble. Perhaps my problem is that I lack self-confidence at times, that sense of being comfortable in your own skin, as well as not quite knowing what true femininity is. What makes you women feel womanly? Is it being with your husbands/ boyfriends? Dancing? Painting your nails?! Any suggestions for how I can feel like a more feminine and confident woman?
Sometimes I feel confused about how I am meant to be. I enjoy being the typical girlie girl but at the same time I don’t want to feel as if I’m playing a role rather than being myself. Some women seem to be more ‘naturals’ at it than me too (if that makes sense) and I rather admire that quality as I’m rather shy and awkward and don’t come across the way I would perhaps like to. I also think real femininity is very attractive so I would love to feel more so
Goodness, this is turning into such a ramble. Perhaps my problem is that I lack self-confidence at times, that sense of being comfortable in your own skin, as well as not quite knowing what true femininity is. What makes you women feel womanly? Is it being with your husbands/ boyfriends? Dancing? Painting your nails?! Any suggestions for how I can feel like a more feminine and confident woman?