Finally Coming Home

  • Thread starter Thread starter divinedisciple7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

divinedisciple7

Guest
I have been on a long journey back to this church of my birth a culture, but now as I know it, the true and living church of the Lord our God. I was baptized Catholic but never raised in the church and never confirmed.

I started going to a 7th-day Adventist church and joined that church for 5 years. After I left that church, I have been on a 5 year journey since then, and if any of you know anything about theSDA church, their whole end time understanding of prophecy is based on the Catholic Church being the beast the comes out of the many waters in the book of revelations and many other such things. So I, in retro spect, have counted these last 5 years as recovering from my anti Catholicism. I have studied and practiced many religions from Paganism to Islam to the eastern religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto, etc.) to lastly the LDS church.

Even while in some of those faiths, such as paganism, I looked down on the catholic Church.

But, by God’s grace I am back and getting confirmed this Holy Saturday.

I was wondering, as I have chosen Gregory for my confirmation name from Pope St. Gregory the Great, how does one celebrate their patron saints nameday ?

Thank-you and God bless,

Manuel
 
Welcome home! Manuel,

I’ll be thinking and praying for you Holy Saturday mass…

Hopper 🙂
 
Wow!! What a trip! Welcome Home!! You over came a lot to sift out the truth. I celebrate my patron saint day by attending Mass, reading a little of his biography and a novena to him if I think of it in time. Peace be with you.
 
The whole church has been praying for you this week during the Liturgy of the Hours. Welcome Home.
 
My Beloved brother in Jesus Christ Manuel, Welcome Home!

The Communion of Saints, yes, all the people throughout all of human history in Heaven and on their way there, through Purgatory, are so happy to see you back!

Most of all Jesus is so happy!

"And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.’ "

REJOICE AND BE GLAD!!!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!!

Mark
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top