I need help…I’m not in desperate need of help (not yet) but I am in need of help none-the-less. For a long time, I have been looking at gay porn. I guess the reason why I look at it is for some form of instant pleasure. I don’t understand why I look at it though, I have a wonderful family and an awesome college that I go to, and I make the best of grades, but I am just not happy…at all… I’m not married, I’m only 19 and I want to stop looking at this gross and disgusting act, because if I ever think about getting married to a woman, I don’t want to bring her down or the kids for that fact. I just want to be a good person, and I “cold-turkeyed” myself from looking at porn once, and it only lasted 5 days and I started to get addicted to it again. I know a part of not living in sin, is to actually exercise a form of self-control, but I dunno. My question to you all is, how do or did you beat an addiction? What did you have to do in order to finally give up whatever it was that was bogging you down? I just want to know because even though it hasn’t ruined my life…eventually it’s gonna catch up to me, and it’s gonna come back 10x as worse then it would now. I just feel like ****, and I want to stop and start living a life of Christ. What do I do?
Ask the Blessed Virgin Mary for help in prayer. She is God’s most pure creation. Her love for us is great. You can trust her to help with your prayers. Basically the pornography is Satan trying to get his hooks into you. To keep you from seeking holiness he is diverting your attention.
Your profile states you would like to be a saint. Mary helped St. Kolbe. St. Kolbe clearly loved God purely and devotedly.
www.auschwitz.dk/Kolbe.htm
The book
Kolbe: Saint of Auschwitz is a great read and inspiration to live purely. Plus the events of his life are relatively fresh in history.
The book
The Cure of Ars - The Story of Saint John Vianney is an inspirational read as well. The link below is to the book I read and there are other books about him too.
catholiccompany.com/catholic-books/1005049/Cure-Ars-Story-Saint-John-Vianney/?category=614
Another idea is to practice a virtue or a corporal work of mercy which causes you to step outside yourself. I take time each week to visit some elderly people in a local nursing home. Last week both Della and Billie were taking their naps when I arrived so it was a short visit. Remember that which we do for the least of His bretheren so we have done unto Him.
Currently 40 Days for Life is in operation. I am going out for an hour at noon before my work. I have not done this before, but look forward to it. Get a friend or two and sign up for an hour. Who knows maybe you will save a life? As a lifeguard I have made 20 rescues in the pool. It is a great feeling knowing some child will go home to have dinner with their family. This 40 days for life fits right in with what I do. :yyeess:
40daysforlife.com/
Give up the internet for Lent, but not until after you read this.
Pray a rosary

A rosary is 20 minutes of prayer and 20 minutes not in the direction of sin.
Daily mass? Give it a try.
You know - seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness…
Just so you know all these ideas and word come from a big sinner. So I understand and am not passing any judgement.
The last thought I have is:
Do not fear God, but love Him.
Takes a big leap of courage. If you are willing God will be there
May God bless you and keep my young friend.