Finding Strength

  • Thread starter Thread starter SgtCampbell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SgtCampbell

Guest
I find it very hard, even with the love of my wife and child, to comprehend the plan that had been devised even before my birth. It seems that I have chosen every hard path that God placed before me.

At the moment, I am having a very trying time. My work is very fulfilling, but does not appear to be going in the right direction, and I worry about the well-being of my family should the company fail in its obligation to the client I am assigned to. There are other options, of course, and I would be foolish not to seek all opportunities.

With this, I also support a son I have never met who was conceived in a very dark time in my history. I struggle with the moral and ethical considerations both for my soul and for the fulfillment of man’s laws daily. I have never met this son because the woman with whom I conceived him made no reasonable effort to invite me into his life. He is six years old now and doing well, though he’s starting to ask his mother questions.

It may very well be a waste of time to give too much thought to this, as I know what my responsibilities are, even if I’m not yet a member of the Church. I understand the ramifications, legally and Biblically, if I turn my back on my child, even in spirit. I pray for guidance every day, and I send my payments to the state in which my son lives, even though it causes hardship to my wife and to the son I’ve raised since day one. We are not destitute by any means, but we have no real independence.

I also realize that I am not the only man to have dealt with this situation. God tests our resolve in many ways – I’m just having difficulty defending against the hammer that threatens to shatter my family.
 
Oh God, please help my brother! Sometimes the world heaps so much onto us, and the weight is painful. Please protect his wife, his children, and the mother of the son he hasn’t seen. God, please, grant them whatever graces are necessary to overcome the obsticles in their way. We are all of us so weak sometimes. Please be our strenght. I ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

I’m so sorry. I have no idea what you must be going through. I hope that things are going okay for you, and that you’re able to find strenght in God. I’m sorry that I can’t offer you much more, but please know that I pray for your salvation.

Tabs
 
Hello SgtCampbell
I am sorry for the hardship you have had in your life and still are.
Im sure you will find many friends here at CAF.
What a difficult position you find yourself in with regards your son
you don’t see.How good and responsible that you are financially
providing for him,he is lucky to have you as his father.
Is it possible for you to get proper contact set up for visitation etc?
I know legal advice is expensive but i feel it would be worthwhile
to invest a little money to set a relationship with your son in progress.
I imagine this will be very difficult for your wife to accept also.
I wonder if there is an organisation in your area to help 'reconcile’you
all with counselling for you and your wife about how you deal with emotions
etc.
Perhaps if you Google search for your area.Do you belong to a church?
A priest would be such a great help in situations like this.He would give
great counsel.
I can assure you of God’s love for you as for ALL His children.
You are in my prayers.God bless

Divine Mercy
Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion
  • inexhaustible,
    look kindly upon us
    and increase Your mercy in us,
    that in difficult moments
    we might not despair
    nor become despondent,
    but with great confidence
    submit ourselves to Your holy will,
    which is Love and Mercy itself.
Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top