S
savedbygrace71
Guest
Hello all. I am going through RCIA after seven years of marriage to a Catholic man, and I am learning more every day.
My parents are not Catholic, I was raised Episcopal with my dad and UCC with my mom (who is now Methodist). Anyway, neither is supportive of my conversion. Yesterday my dad saw something that prompted a discussion about consecrated wine- that at the Episcopal church they have a special sink that drains into the earth that they pour the wine into- any that is left over.
I said, well no, in the Catholic church the priest or the EMs finish the consecrated wine- it’s the blood of Christ and it can’t just be poured on the ground. That started the whole “it’s not LITERALLY the blood it’s representative” argument.
But at any rate, is there something more I could have said? As to why the wine must be all consumed? Thanks for your help. I dislike arguing especially with my Dad…but I am trying to stand up for what I believe in.
My parents are not Catholic, I was raised Episcopal with my dad and UCC with my mom (who is now Methodist). Anyway, neither is supportive of my conversion. Yesterday my dad saw something that prompted a discussion about consecrated wine- that at the Episcopal church they have a special sink that drains into the earth that they pour the wine into- any that is left over.
I said, well no, in the Catholic church the priest or the EMs finish the consecrated wine- it’s the blood of Christ and it can’t just be poured on the ground. That started the whole “it’s not LITERALLY the blood it’s representative” argument.
But at any rate, is there something more I could have said? As to why the wine must be all consumed? Thanks for your help. I dislike arguing especially with my Dad…but I am trying to stand up for what I believe in.