Fla. boss warns employees if Biden wins they could be laid off

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThinkingSapien

ORLANDO, Fla. (WMTV) - In central Florida, workers at one company are wondering if their future employment has anything to do with how they vote after a letter appeared in their pay stub envelopes. It warned, if President Donald Trump doesn’t win re-election, they could lose their jobs.

A Trump flag hands on the flag pole in front of Daniels Manufacturing, in Orange Co., Florida. It employs approximately 170 people, some of whom are upset about receiving the letter from company president George Daniels, which WESH obtained through a company source.

The company, which makes tools and electronics for the aerospace, military, and aircraft industries has been weathering the economic downturn. Its letter warned:

If Trump and the Republicans win the election, DMC will hopefully be able to continue operating, more or less as it has been operating lately. However, if Biden and the Democrats win, DMC could be forced to begin permanent layoffs beginning in late 2020 and/or early 2021.

“Everybody has a choice to make their own decision,” one employee, Stan Smith, said. He told WESH the letter, which he considers offensive, is one of the reasons he’s quitting. Other workers, who told the Florida station they were too afraid of being fired to speak with them, said they felt intimidated by receiving it.

“I don’t feel like it was correct, to do something like that,” Smith continued.

Public records show George Daniels has contributed more than $600,000 to President Trump and the PACs that are supporting him and other Republicans in this election cycle alone.

He declined to be interviewed by a WESH reporter, but did tell him, that he has been doing that for years.

“I have an obligation to let workers know what could happen, based on the outcome of the election. They should certainly vote for the candidate they want,” he continued.

It is not against the law for business owners to talk politics with their employees, but some Daniels Manufacturing workers say the letter went too far.

I think I would be seeking employment elsewhere instead of working for someone who is going to resort to scare tactics.

Last edited:
There was a bond for a brand new hospital in the town where I was going to school (see my avatar) some 15+ years ago. Signs appeared all over town saying “Students: If you vote for this, your rent WILL go up!”

Were those scare tactics? Voting has real consequences, and pointing them out isn’t always a a scare tactic.

How in the world would this business owner know who his employees voted for…My first thought in reading the thread header is if Biden wins the economy will tank and these employees may have to be laid off

Last edited:
Or the owner has done some quick math and has some idea of the impacts on his company. I agree that I wouldn’t see this as a threat to vote a specific way.

Last edited:
He’s not wrong. But it’s dumb to vocalize those thoughts

Except no such company is mentioned in the article so why are you posting irrelevant tangents?

Last edited:
Not the subject of this thread, if you want to discuss how a different business might do under a Biden win, feel free to find an article and start a thread with it.

Last edited:
I don’t think this is a scare tactic.

The company is a part of the defense industry and traditionally a Republican in the White House means more business for the defense industry.

A Democrat in the White House means the opposite.

Last edited:
Then these employees should take heed and know which side of their bread is buttered…

The article is pretty much fact free, other than the owner’s threat. The owner gives no reasons.

So, it’s just a donor who gave 600,000 to Trump and Republican causes bullying his workforce. As if a Biden election would cause layoffs before the inauguration.

Now, I did find this from the WaPo:

In the letter, Daniels informed employees that because of industry-wide reductions in airline travel and civilian aircraft construction, the company is “more dependent than ever before” on military contracts. He then argued that Democrats have historically cut military funding and a Biden victory would lead to lower profits and a need to reduce the workforce.

An employer says to his employees, Biden will put us out of business, and it is “news”

News Papers and News Channels Endorse candidates and we see no problem with that.

Unions, Planned Parenthood, NARAL and others tell people who to vote for, and it is nothing.

I don’t know what to say other than. Oy Vey!

Did the business owner say they had to show him their ballots before they cast them? Did he tell them they had to vote for Trump and not Biden or just inform them of what he believes a Biden victory would produce for the company?

Not sure why you think the secret ballot disappeared

Last edited:
How in the world would this business owner know who his employees voted for…My first thought in reading the thread header is if Biden wins the economy will tank and these employees may have to be laid off
He wouldn’t.

But he’s probably right that Dems will shut him down. If he does work for the government, which he apparently does, they’re vindictive and will probably cut him off as a provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back