Flight 93 Memorial project: PRAY!

• Thread starter Thread starter nordskoven
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nordskoven

Hijacked passengers saved countless lives by scuttling Flight 93 on 9-11. I have entered the design competition for Flight 93 for a memorial in that Pennsylvania field, a reclaimed strip mine, where they crashed. My chosen them is, “Greater love hath no man than he who lays down his life for another.” I am an artist, not an architect or engineer as the project demands. Please pray, as always, for my iffy health, and that I can get timely pro bono help for the first submission due January 11, 2005, and that our concepts will meet the high standards this deserves so that we can, in winning, memorialize this greatest sacrifice in Christ’s own words. Thank you for your prayers, and don’t forget to pray for a good death for all, begging God’s mercy on all who die an unprovided death.

40.png
nordskoven:
Hijacked passengers saved countless lives by scuttling Flight 93 on 9-11. I have entered the design competition for Flight 93 for a memorial in that Pennsylvania field, a reclaimed strip mine, where they crashed. My chosen them is, “Greater love hath no man than he who lays down his life for another.” I am an artist, not an architect or engineer as the project demands. Please pray, as always, for my iffy health, and that I can get timely pro bono help for the first submission due January 11, 2005, and that our concepts will meet the high standards this deserves so that we can, in winning, memorialize this greatest sacrifice in Christ’s own words. Thank you for your prayers, and don’t forget to pray for a good death for all, begging God’s mercy on all who die an unprovided death.
I will keep your endeavor in our prayers. My father-in-law’s 9-11 Memorial pieces for the Saint Joseph’s Chapel of Saint Peter’s Parish in New York City are currently on display at the Museum of Biblical Art in Dallas, TX–awaiting transport to NYC in the spring of 2005. There are four sculptures: Mary Magdalene, Saint Florian, Saint Joseph, and Saint Michael the Archangel. We visited them yesterday for a last time (we return to Oregon in a week) and were all profoundly moved. My favorite is Saint Michael, but I don’t think this piece is on John’s website yet.

hillstream.com

Well, I am not quite as happy with this “finished” essay as I hoped to be, and it is nearly 7-pages in length. One particular paragraph may be on the chopping block (can you venture a guess?). The tone also may not be precisely right all the way through. All in all, someone else could certainly have done much better at this task. As this is about the most time I can presently devote to this little personal project, I have decided to post it in its present form. If you decide to take a look, keep in mind that one of the reasons for the opening paragraphs is to assist me in my own understanding of what I hold true about Mary and why. It also demonstrates, in the end, that we’re all in closer agreement on the fundamentals than we are in any kind of disagreement.

home.earthlink.net/~karlerickson/writer/id16.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back