Flooding Technique for Religious OCD

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wcravens
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wcravens

Guest
I’ve been diagnosed with religious OCD (Scrupulosity). My mind is plagued every day with terrible thoughts about Jesus, The Holy Spirit, Mary and Joseph, and the Church. Of course, I’m always scared that God will never forgive me for the way I think, I would like to keep in mind that I would never put these thoughts into action.

Anyways, my psychiatrist recommended that I try the flooding technique for OCD, it’s where I spend an hour a day purposefully thinking whatever thoughts bother me, and apparently I’ll get bored with them after a while, and won’t think of them as often in the future. I’m terrified to do this, because I really don’t want to think these thoughts on purpose.

What should I do? Will God forgive me for all the blasphemous and hateful thoughts about Him? Am I going to hell for thinking all of these disturbing thoughts about God?
 
Last edited:
No one here can answer that for you. Speak to your priest and see what he advises.
 
Forgive me, I have a tendency to ask others for reassurance in times of stress, I’m sorry I just wasn’t thinking when I posted that.
 
It’s okay, just talk to your priest and your therapist. May God comfort you in your times of stress and bring you peace.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top