Foiled - again!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sirach2

I just watched the senate hearing today on CSPAN. It blessed me to see that the democrats lost their motion to adjourn all Senate activity until November 9th. Whoa! Can anyone see their agenda in this? That means the scheduled vote for Amy Barrett on October 22 at 1:00 would not take place until AFTER the election, which is what they have tried to obtain from the get-go. The republicans voted aye to kill the motion to adjourn 52/43. Every democrat voted no - like clockwork, huh? Looks like her confirmation is certain.

Last edited:
And do you think the Republicans have no agenda in fast-tracking this confirmation before the election?

Me too, Tis. I have said more rosaries daily than my usual one rosary. Plus daily mass for the integrity of the electoral process. EWTN has a special intention for the election from Fr. John Hardon, SJ, as they pray the rosary daily. If we count the universal nature of this network reaching millions, I trust we will see positive results.

Last edited:
Praise be to God! FOILED! YET AGAIN! 😄

The Senate just tabled (killed) the motion by Democratic Sen. Schumer NOT to consider the nomination of Amy Barrett so close to the election. The vote was 51/44.
It takes almost a half hour to take a vote, which puzzles me why it takes so long. Makes one wonder what the heck they will try next to have their own way. The confirmation vote in the Judiciary Committee takes place tomorrow at 1:00, to be followed by a full senate vote by Oct. 23 or shortly after.

Last edited:
And do you think the Republicans have no agenda in fast-tracking this confirmation before the election?
Of course they do. It’s better to have a potentially prolife justice than the kind of abortion promoter the Dems would put in.

It’s not just pro-life. They want a conservative Justice sitting there. It benefits their worldview in a lot of other ways. As well as being a power play of the type that both parties pull on each other every time they get the chance.

They want a conservative Justice sitting there.
Since Barrett is averse to going beyond what the law actually says, she would be considered “conservative” by many who want the courts to be “superlegislatures”. But she’s actually a textualist whose orientation is to enforce the law as written, not as imagined.

I’m happy I’m able to make my voting choices without needing to take a poll of who celebrities’ kids are voting for, or for that matter, people on this forum, or any forum, or people in general.

Apparently she voted for Obama too.
Given how good ol Barry had such a nice track record drone bombing civilians and separating children at the border, I’m not quite sure why she has such a problem with Trump
I think it was because if you liked your plan you could keep your plan.

Wait!

Oh, it was because he would lower your health insurance costs by $2500.

Wait!

More than 5,000 “pro-life evangelicals” have signed an online letter noting their opposition to abortion but the necessity of voting for Joe Biden in this year’s presidential contest.
Their claimed opposition to abortion falls flat if they vote for the Big Guy who wants to repeal the Hyde amendment.

Is being a textualist different from being an originalist? Can any justice be the latter in today’s society with modern inventions such as the computer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back