For a Good Confession

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeniseNY
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeniseNY

Guest
Hi, everyone.

After doing the Mary, Undoer of Knots Novena several things have bubbled up in my mind for which I must go to confession. I’ve kind of been putting if off - mainly because I’m nervous about it. But, I know I have to go. I asked for help undoing the “knots” in my life, and praise God, I received that help.

I have to go. Would you please pray for me? I would really like to go tomorrow afternoon. Please pray that I have the courage to go and that I make a good confession

Thank you all so very much!
 
Lord, grand Denise much grace for faith, hope, love, joy, and temperance regarding this confession intention. See that angels calm and encourage her to make a good confession, and may this transpire immediately. Ease her heart and assure her that her confession is made to you, complete with your merciful love and joy at seeing her, through the ministry of the priest. Build momentum in her life from this point, that she ever travel joyfully and courageously through the perils of this fallen world. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.
 
Gladly praying for you. May the Lord bless you and help you as well as the priest who will hear your confession.
 
PRAYER FOR A GOOD CONFESSION
TO SAINT GERARD MAJELLA

St. Gerard, Patron of a Good Confession,
who gave courage to souls whom fear and shame had overcome;
who gave sorrow to their hearts,
resolution to their wills,
truth to their faltering lips;
help me to make a good Confession.

Enable me to know my sins,
to be truly sorry for them,
and to be firmly resolved,
with God’s grace, never to sin again.

Help me to confess my sins humbly and sincerely,
to confess them in the spirit of faith,
as confessing them to Our Lord Himself.

Stand by me in this Confession, O gentle Saint,
an angel of God sent to free me from sin.

Amen.
 
Thank you all!

It went ok. I kind of turned into a babbling idiot, but it was ok.

I appreciate your prayers!
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†
 
O good St. Joseph, the patron of the Church,
enable your maidservant DeniseNY to make
a good confession for the praise and glory of
Your Name, for her good and the good of ALL
Your holy Church!!

Our Father, who is in heaven,
Your name be held holy,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

We beseech You, O Lord, help your handmaid
whom You have redeemed by Your precious
blood.
 
Thank you!

I feel like such a weight has been lifted off of me! I can’t believe there were things deep in my mind that were causing me so many problems. The novena I mentioned is so powerful! I’m so thankful that I was able to face these issues and deal with them!
 
And… some other things have come to mind from probably 15 years ago that I have to confess. Ugh. It’s my own fault for having been away from the church for so long. In my past confessions, I haven’t deliberately concealed these things; I just didn’t remember them.

I am going tomorrow.
 
Praying The Memorare for you:

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help
or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petition,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
 
And… some other things have come to mind from probably 15 years ago that I have to confess. Ugh. It’s my own fault for having been away from the church for so long. In my past confessions, I haven’t deliberately concealed these things; I just didn’t remember them.

I am going tomorrow.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year full of Our Lord’s blessings!
The LORD bless you and keep you!
The LORD let his face shine upon
you, and be gracious to you!
The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace!


Numbers 6:24-26​

Continue praying for you as you get used to the Church again. May Our Lady hold you close to herself and her Divine Son. 🙂
**
Hail Holy Queen**
Hail, Holy Queen,
Mother of Mercy,
hail our life, our sweetness and our hope!
To thee do we cry
poor banished children of Eve;
to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping
in this vale of tears.
Turn then,
O most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy towards us
and after this our exile
show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb,
Jesus;
O clement,
O loving,
O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel
St Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
and do thou, O prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into Hell Satan
and all the other evil spirits
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

The Memorare
Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help
or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petition,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Come, Holy Spirit
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful
and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love.
V. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created.
R. And Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray. O God, Who didst instruct the hearts of the faithful
……by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us in the same Spirit
……to be truly wise, and ever to rejoice in His consolation.
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
 
Praying……

**:signofcross:

Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel**
St Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
and do thou, O prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into Hell Satan
and all the other evil spirits
(Massachusetts, USA) who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

The Memorare
Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help
or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petition,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
:signofcross:

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)
 
And… some other things have come to mind from probably 15 years ago that I have to confess. Ugh. It’s my own fault for having been away from the church for so long. In my past confessions, I haven’t deliberately concealed these things; I just didn’t remember them.

I am going tomorrow.
Praying…****
A PRAYER OF RESOLUTION

:signofcross:

Adorable Jesus, my Savior and Master, model of all perfection,
I resolve—and will try this day—to imitate Your example,
to be like You, mild, humble, chaste, zealous, charitable, and resigned.
I will redouble my efforts to see Your image in all those I meet and deal with this day,
and to be as helpful to them as I would be to You.
I resolve to avoid this day all those sins which I have committed heretofore
and which I now sincerely desire to give up forever.
Amen.
:signofcross:
 
***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***
 
Praying in thanksgiving for all the graces granted you……
:signofcross:
Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel
St Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
…be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
…and do thou, O prince of the heavenly host,
…by the power of God,
…thrust into Hell Satan
…and all the other evil spirits
…who prowl about the world
… seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

The Memorare
Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help
or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petition,
but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

**Prayer Against Depression
**………….By St Ignatius of Loyola
O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.
:signofcross:

Let Nothing Disturb You
Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)


.
👋 👋 👋 👋 👋 👋
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top