For a peaceful death

  • Thread starter Thread starter samcarter14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

samcarter14

Guest
Please pray for my grandmother. She is 92 and was hospitalized before Thanksgiving with many problems, all of which boil down to COPD (from decades of smoking) and congestive heart failure. Two weeks ago she was alert, now she doesn’t recognize where she is or anybody she used to know. My uncle and aunt have her under hospice care at the nursing home; the goal is to just keep her comfortable.

Please pray that she can find some rest and solace; at this point she is so disoriented and confused that I’m not sure anything I could say or read to her would give her comfort. My uncle went in yesterday; she was sleeping and he tried to gently reposition her–she woke up and yelled at him because she no longer recognizes her own son. 😦 He advised me to not bring my children to visit her, as she might frighten them.

She was a devout Catholic all her life, and I just pray that she has a restful repose, as much as is possible.
 
It is hard for you all that her illness has affected her brain and perception. I ask God to comfort you all, and especially her son.
I ask Him that good memories and the kindness you have for each other will give you all comfort. God grant her a quiet end and joy in eternal life.
 
I will be praying the chaplet of Divine Mercy for her today.
 
Thank you all. My grandmother died at 9 am today, and she went quietly. Everyone was surprised she lasted the night; I was there last night with my cousin, aunt and uncle for several hours but came home to be with my kids before bedtime. We sat and talked about our memories of her, and she was peaceful thanks to some anti-anxiety drugs that hospice provided.

My aunt said this morning at 9 am, she was sitting with my grandmother so that my uncle could go home to shower (after being there all night), and my grandmother took three breaths and then quietly passed away.

Thank you for your prayers; I know they helped her be at peace.

Norma, 1916-2008 Memory Eternal!
 
Prayers promised. Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for her and at her bedside if possible.
 
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top