C
carmelitenovice
Guest
Hi:
I am wondering about the proposed new Mass translation. The way I understand it, during the Consecration the words “for all” are being retranslated as “for many”. At least one priest in our area (Detroit) is objecting to the change, saying that of course Jesus died for all.
I was wondering if anyone can give any insight as to why the change is being made. I assume that it’s because what the original Latin says, but if that’s the case, what about this priest’s argument?
Thanks and God bless,
I am wondering about the proposed new Mass translation. The way I understand it, during the Consecration the words “for all” are being retranslated as “for many”. At least one priest in our area (Detroit) is objecting to the change, saying that of course Jesus died for all.
I was wondering if anyone can give any insight as to why the change is being made. I assume that it’s because what the original Latin says, but if that’s the case, what about this priest’s argument?
Thanks and God bless,