M
Ma.Eugenia
Guest
An officemate recently started a topic on annulment at the office.
She said that she heard about a suggestion on television or radio that that when a man and a woman marry, they really do not know fully what they are getting into …they may turn up not be suited for each other…it was suggested that marriages be simply a matter of contracts. If you don’t like what you got then both man and woman can simply say the contract is off…and they don’t have to pay steep fees for annulments and such.
I don’t agree with this.
For me, its like treating the man and woman like items in a grocery store. If you don’t like it then just return it. As if there will be no feelings that will be hurt or children left psychologically marred in this kind of set up.
I believe that marriage is between man, woman and God. Where does God come in in this kind of contract?
What kind of vows will people be making? " I will love you for BETTER…for RICHER and only in HEALTH…until the next best thing comes along, …or when contract ends…whichever comes first."
Any thoughts to add to mine?
She said that she heard about a suggestion on television or radio that that when a man and a woman marry, they really do not know fully what they are getting into …they may turn up not be suited for each other…it was suggested that marriages be simply a matter of contracts. If you don’t like what you got then both man and woman can simply say the contract is off…and they don’t have to pay steep fees for annulments and such.
I don’t agree with this.
For me, its like treating the man and woman like items in a grocery store. If you don’t like it then just return it. As if there will be no feelings that will be hurt or children left psychologically marred in this kind of set up.
I believe that marriage is between man, woman and God. Where does God come in in this kind of contract?
What kind of vows will people be making? " I will love you for BETTER…for RICHER and only in HEALTH…until the next best thing comes along, …or when contract ends…whichever comes first."
Any thoughts to add to mine?