For the end of these feelings

  • Thread starter Thread starter justcatholic997
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justcatholic997

Guest
I confessed my sins yesterday, and I resolved to try to avoid the fear and the guilt that had been plaguing me beforehand. As if by a demented plan, I have felt feelings of fear for no reason, and now I feel like I need Confession again(because I tried to ask God to help me, but I still dwelled on the fear). I’ve looked into my mind for the last 2 days, and all I could find were judged venial sins, but my mind is twisting the mortal sin conditions and the situation and telling me I need to go to Confession again. I know objectively that I still have a state of grace, but my feelings of fear and guilt seem to tell me that I’m not("If you’re feeling this way, it’s a sign from God to Confess).

I still have the feelings right now, and I’m distraught. I know Confessing is good, but I want to go when I want to be forgiven for mortal(venial) sin, and not for my negative feelings. Please pray(or give advice, I’ll take either) for this to pass, as I don’t want to feel this way.
 
May God release you from fear and guilt. You received absolution and you are absolved from the sin(s) you confessed. Go back to confession and tell the priest your situation and receive counsel from a priest for your situation if you are distraught.

St Michael the Archangel defend us in battle.

Mary.
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon justcatholic997 in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
 
Praying for you justcatholic997 :signofcross:

“He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud; they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them.”
 
I confessed my sins yesterday, and I resolved to try to avoid the fear and the guilt that had been plaguing me beforehand. As if by a demented plan, I have felt feelings of fear for no reason, and now I feel like I need Confession again(because I tried to ask God to help me, but I still dwelled on the fear). I’ve looked into my mind for the last 2 days, and all I could find were judged venial sins, but my mind is twisting the mortal sin conditions and the situation and telling me I need to go to Confession again. I know objectively that I still have a state of grace, but my feelings of fear and guilt seem to tell me that I’m not("If you’re feeling this way, it’s a sign from God to Confess).

I still have the feelings right now, and I’m distraught. I know Confessing is good, but I want to go when I want to be forgiven for mortal(venial) sin, and not for my negative feelings. Please pray(or give advice, I’ll take either) for this to pass, as I don’t want to feel this way.
I would recommend you start praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and see how you feel afterwards 🙂

thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/praythechaplet.php

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh
 
Mary Queen of Peace,
Please intercede for your troubled child here,
Help him or her to know
How much Jesus’s love and mercy
are for all of us His children.
May Jesus be the focus
rather than the doubts and fears.
May this person trust in the facts
Of His death and Resurrection
And what they mean for all of us,
Rather than any feelings, which are subject to change
Especially when a person is worried.
May God’s child here KNOW s/he is forgiven and loved
With an everlasting love
No matter what the doubts and fears try to say.

St. Alphonsus Liguori,
Patron of the scrupulous
And devoted to the Blessed Mother,
Please also intercede.

Through Christ Our Lord,
Amen.
 
Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
Praying for you…
+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. *
  • O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother. *
  • O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. *
  • O show us that you are our Mother.*
  • O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. **Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. *
  • Amen.*
Flos Carmeli
 
Praying for you!

Trust in our Lord that you are absolved!
I seem to have misexplained my dilemma. I’m confident that my last confession was good, but since then, I experienced a large amount of fear for no reason Because I felt like not praying to God to help me with fear I sinned, which made me fear more. Because of that, I have guilt that I have sinned mortally, and feel like I need to go to confession again. I wish to stop those feelings, and I hope this cleared up any misconceptions by you or others.

Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it.
 
I have added you to my rosary intentions tonight, for God to give you peace, and for you to be able to accept His mercy.
 
Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.
 
Joining everyone in praying for your peace of mind, heart, and soul.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top