For the thief, and our parish. HUGE bronze angel stollen from Assumption Grotto Parish Cemetery

• Thread starter Thread starter lizaanne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizaanne

Hello everyone -

Please pray first for the thief, then for our parish. Today on the news Fr. Perrone told reporters that the HUGE bronze angel at the foot of the grotto in the cemetery, was stolen. This is the one near the bronze of St. Bernadette, it had huge wings and was pouring the water into the pool at her feet. If you have been there, I’m sure you remember it. They have no leads.

A very sad day for such a wonderful parish.

Edit:
From Diane’s Blog (te-deum.blogspot.com/):
Here is a photo of the bronze…

photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1659/2191/1600/A06_JMG_1607.jpg

~Liza

Praying for your intentions.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Dear Liza…:gopray:
praying that this statue will be returned and in good condition, praying too for the thief or theives…Barb

Thank you both - I saw the report again on the later news and it just broke my heart all over again. This area of our parish property is just so amazing, holy, and special. I can only hope that all the souls of those buried in that cemetery were praying for those who took this beautiful object - they are going to need all the help they can get on their last day for desecrating such a place.

~Liza

I will pray for all. But you have to wonder, who would do such a thing?
Kathy

I will pray for all. But you have to wonder, who would do such a thing?
Kathy
Father mentioned in the interview that they could have taken it to resell it for its artistic value, or heaven forbid, for the scrap value. Good luck with either I would think. To scrap it I would guess they would have to cut it into pieces. You can’t just roll up to a scrapper with a 400lb bronze angel in your truck and ask for cash per pound. :rolleyes:

I can’t imagine why in the world anyone would want to do such a horrible thing - money aside, why something from a cemetery/Church? 😦

~Liza

this is shocking, the Grotto belongs to the whole city, the whole diocese, oddly it would not seem so ugly if it was an ordinary theft for material gain, but much worse if it was stolen for what it represents, because that seems a much deeper disorder.

there is another thread on this topic with a link indicating the statue has been found. praise be

annie - I just saw this on Diane’s blog!!! te-deum.blogspot.com/

Oh please God, let it be found and returned!!

I’ll be watching the news tonight - so glad it’s not Lent yet (I’m giving up tv!!! :eek: )!!!

Thanks to all for your prayers - hopefully the rumors are true!!

—apparently their burden was too much to carry… 😉

~Liza

annie - I just saw this on Diane’s blog!!! te-deum.blogspot.com/

Oh please God, let it be found and returned!!

I’ll be watching the news tonight - so glad it’s not Lent yet (I’m giving up tv!!! :eek: )!!!

Thanks to all for your prayers - hopefully the rumors are true!!

—apparently their burden was too much to carry… 😉

~Liza
Dear Liza…thank you for this update… :signofcross:praying with you that the rumours prove true…Barb

J†M†J
Praying for your intentions:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back