For those whose suffering seems endless

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trishie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishie
Suffering with Jesus

Our God, in the extremity of suffering, Jesus remained heroically generous, granting salvation to a repentant sinner and praying forgiveness for His persecutors. He showed compassion to His anguished Mother by filling her empty arms with many children and giving her a son in His loved friend John. Through him, He thus named as brothers and sisters, all persons who follow His cross.

Our God, please grant us to welcome the cross of love that we bear with Your Son. Through Him, let us serve in loving joy when we suffer through anyone’s affliction. We offer all heartache or inconvenience for others’ sake, as prayer for their true good.

Accept our sufferings united with His, in reparation for sin, and in prayer for peace, justice and love amongst Your people. Grant us to be forgiving, merciful, loving and fraternal like Jesus, witnesses to faith and faithfulness in all circumstances, joyful or painful.

Amen,
mlz
 
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.
 
Lord have mercy on those carrying heavy crosses continually…please give them rest. In Jesus’ precious name, amen.
mlz
 
***Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be
Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our
daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us
not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

**

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

**

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. ***
 
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.
 
When our hearts are broken,

Seeking revelation in Silence

Dear God, I wish that people could clearly hear You speak in their lives. I wish I could amplify Your voice by my witness. Sadly, many people feel that You do not communicate aptly to this world. Some are embittered by the faintness of the breezed whisper of Your voice drowned by cares of life and by observations of inconsistency between faith and effect.

Sometimes I feel hurt by Your silence in the lives of people I love. You speak in various ways to me, through people, though particular priests, through Scripture. Thank You, for Your extraordinary gratuitous kindness.

Like an oyster, I cling to the rock of God, unable to offer more than faithfulness. If this oyster may still produce pearls for God from the irritants embedded in my life and being, then praise God’s goodness in producing value and beauty out of my life with its struggles, doubts and difficulties. The rock may seem hard and barren, and the ‘oysters’ of God’s faithful ones may at times appear lifeless and dull, yet this appearance is merely temporal.

Dear God, please help me to hear You in the silence, with faith that You will find ways to speak in the hearts and lives of my loved ones and of all sincere individuals. Speak and speak again until they hear the voice of Your Spirit. Yet, all the while, glorify Yourself in everyone for whom Your-grace-in-me intercedes. Fulfil Your loving dream in us, through the action of Your Spirit. Let there be love and honour to You, through Your own divine Love and Glory Itself!
Amen
 
Originally Posted by Trishie
When our hearts are broken,

Seeking revelation in Silence

Dear God, I wish that people could clearly hear You speak in their lives. I wish I could amplify Your voice by my witness. Sadly, many people feel that You do not communicate aptly to this world. Some are embittered by the faintness of the breezed whisper of Your voice drowned by cares of life and by observations of inconsistency between faith and effect.

Sometimes I feel hurt by Your silence in the lives of people I love. You speak in various ways to me, through people, though particular priests, through Scripture. Thank You, for Your extraordinary gratuitous kindness.

Like an oyster, I cling to the rock of God, unable to offer more than faithfulness. If this oyster may still produce pearls for God from the irritants embedded in my life and being, then praise God’s goodness in producing value and beauty out of my life with its struggles, doubts and difficulties. The rock may seem hard and barren, and the ‘oysters’ of God’s faithful ones may at times appear lifeless and dull, yet this appearance is merely temporal.

Dear God, please help me to hear You in the silence, with faith that You will find ways to speak in the hearts and lives of my loved ones and of all sincere individuals. Speak and speak again until they hear the voice of Your Spirit. Yet, all the while, glorify Yourself in everyone for whom Your-grace-in-me intercedes. Fulfil Your loving dream in us, through the action of Your Spirit. Let there be love and honour to You, through Your own divine Love and Glory Itself!
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Suffering with Jesus

Our God, in the extremity of suffering, Jesus remained heroically generous, granting salvation to a repentant sinner and praying forgiveness for His persecutors. He showed compassion to His anguished Mother by filling her empty arms with many children and giving her a son in His loved friend John. Through him, He thus named as brothers and sisters, all persons who follow His cross.

Our God, please grant us to welcome the cross of love that we bear with Your Son. Through Him, let us serve in loving joy when we suffer through anyone’s affliction. We offer all heartache or inconvenience for others’ sake, as prayer for their true good.

Accept our sufferings united with His, in reparation for sin, and in prayer for peace, justice and love amongst Your people. Grant us to be forgiving, merciful, loving and fraternal like Jesus, witnesses to faith and faithfulness in all circumstances, joyful or painful.
Amen
 
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.
mlz
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Lord, in Your infinite mercy, bring encouragement and hope to all who suffer and redeem their suffering for greater good we pray in Jesus’ most precious name, amen.
mlz:gopray2::highprayer:
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Lord, in Your infinite mercy, bring encouragement and hope to all who suffer and redeem their suffering for greater good we pray in Jesus’ most precious name, amen.
mlz
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Jesus today my particular concern is those who suffer loneliness and abandonment because they have lost their marriage partners to divorce and cannot obtain an annulment, so remain in a lonely no-mans-land, for the rest of their lives.

I feel very bad about that, Jesus. I find it awful that they are in this predicament for life, even though they long to have spouses and family, and would be great marriage partners and parents. This really hurts, and they can become very depressed…and some can go on to sin due to their inability to bear this huge cross of loneliness.

Where possible please allow annulment and a new beginning, a new happy Sacramental marriage, and family to cherish and raise.

Jesus please give each of them grace to turn to You in their loneliness and need.
Please inspire a caring friend or family to welcome and include them.
Please help hem to find companionship and structure for their lives, serving others with Christian charity.
Surround them with Your light and love,
each person in this situation.
Thank You, Jesus
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top