F
FormerXCatholic
Guest
My priest recently taught during RCIA that we are forgiven even before we go to confession, it’s just that we “don’t know it yet”. This to me seems to ring true as I believe our spirit can be forgiven the moment we ask God to forgive us. But, the psychological mind/body hasn’t realized it yet, that is until after we confess.
I can testify to this because I have asked for forgiveness personally to God before and knew he had forgiven me, but I couldn’t shake the guilt so easily until after I confessed.
Is this true and have any popes or the catechism said anything like this before?
I can testify to this because I have asked for forgiveness personally to God before and knew he had forgiven me, but I couldn’t shake the guilt so easily until after I confessed.
Is this true and have any popes or the catechism said anything like this before?