Forgiving a system

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pai_Nosso
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To Psychae and adamhovey1988 thanks for making a good point. With people i can forgive and forget but no one can forget time on the inside.

In a way it’s Satan that I’m mad at. He controls our society through money. So from that perspective being angry at the system is justified i could argue. I love God and his creation but I despise Satan and his influences.

So now, should I forgive Satan?
 
Don’t overthink it, amigo. I’m sorry that the system screwed you over. But what you should do is you see it as a blessing in disguise. You know firsthand how unjust the traffic court system is. What you should do is channel your anger and do what @Psychae suggested and start a campaign to reform the system so Injustice that happened to you doesn’t happen to anyone else.
Start a political action committee. I’m sure you’re not the only one the law has unjustly punished. I’m sure you’re not the only one who sees the injustice. You could find like-minded fellows and spread awareness of the Injustice that is currently in the system. Find a way to talk with lawyers and judges and bureaucrats help them be aware of the Injustice within the current system.

But most importantly do what our Lord Jesus Christ tells us to do, pray for them. Pray that the corrupt bureaucrats and lawyers and judges see the error of their ways and come back to Christ.
 
Don’t overthink it, amigo. I’m sorry that the system screwed you over. But what you should do is you see it as a blessing in disguise. You know firsthand how unjust the traffic court system is. What you should do is channel your anger and do what @Psychae suggested and start a campaign to reform the system so Injustice that happened to you doesn’t happen to anyone else.
Start a political action committee
I like your first tip. Don’t overthink it. The last thing I want to do is get involved cos that would require me to think even more about it
I’m sure you’re not the only one the law has unjustly punished. I’m sure you’re not the only one who sees the injustice
Ye in fact it’s not so much my own experience but that of so many people in prison. I literally just cried for over 5 minutes as I remembered what they are going through every day and I prayed for Jesus to continue to be there for them. Satan has a strong presence in prison, he provokes you from so many angles. But Jesus’ presence in prison was powerful. Comforting the sinners who repent and seek him.

There are countless things to worry about in prison but every inmate worries the most about one thing. They all want the same thing. To see their family. They stress on it, they dwell on it, they wait for it in such anticipation. When you get that visit from them it’s overwhelming. You make the most of it…

Later that night, when you are in bed, alone, still thinking about your family at home is so torturous and every inmate agrees. The feeling is indescribable really, tears in my eyes now as remember it. So I pray for them all; sinners, criminals, the unfairly prosecuted, believers, non believers, all of them.
 
That’s it… that’s your life mission for now… pray for the incarcerated. Pour your heart and soul and tears into praying for them.

What about getting involved in a prison ministry?

I know you don’t want to think about it or feel this pain any longer, but if you want to heal you have to feel. It’s the doorway Jesus has opened up for you to walk through that will bring you closer to Him. ❤️
 
My late husband was once put in jail for a traffic/car tag offence. He broke the law and he faced the consequences. We were then very young and very poor. Do not jump to conclusions about people.

Will say it again, until you can forgive this will continue to chew at you and poison your spirit.
 
Agree! Every Diocese has prison ministry, Kairos is another ministry that works across the United States.
 
While not perfect or without fault, I live in the US and I find the government and the legal system the most closest to the will of God in the history of the entire world. Both protect the innocent and attempt to modify behavior that is deemed “wrong” now if I were wrongly convicted or there were an action of the government that went against God, there is of course, sadness, disappointment, and indeed anger. And make no mistake those things do happen. But for the most part, I enjoy a free and safe environment where I can get in my car, and reasonably safely, drive my family to whatever form of worship I deem fit. A modern feat due in part to laws and a government that I believe is inspired by the holy spirit. But indeed full of flawed humans.
I don’t entirely disagree with you. However, for entirely different reasons, many African Americans, and everybody not yet born (if they had a voice), would take issue with the “protect the innocent” aspect of this.

Our system works very well, for the reasons you cite, for most people in most circumstances. Nevertheless, having been founded by Freemasons, deists, and assorted motley non-Catholic Christians, it does not have the “fail-safe” of having Christ the King acknowledged as the head of its social order.

I will acknowledge, though, that our justice system — habeas corpus, presumed innocent until proven guilty, due process, and so on — on the whole works very well. (Not being African American, and having the whole “being a fetus” thing behind me, I suppose that is easy for me to say.) When I am traveling outside the US, I always have it in the back of my mind that I could be arrested for some unknown offense, be incarcerated for an indeterminate time, coerced to incriminate myself, have my silence interpreted as evidence, and then have a judge or a panel of judges say “we think you’re guilty”.

And then there is the 2nd Amendment. I know of no other country where ownership and use of arms, when all is said and done, is not ultimately regulated by the government. Thank you, Founding Fathers.
 
You speculated that the judge and prosecuting attorneys were “on the take” and would have accepted bribes. Those are people, real people with friends and families and honor and dignity. If you have evidence that there is bribery happening, report this to the authorities.
 
Makes me think of Paul and Silas, when they were in jail, they sang praises to the Lord.
 
I remember a homily not too long ago on Acts about when angels orchestrated a prison break.( I think rather than running the apostles actually staid too and converted their jailor.) I remember thinking that the physical bursting open of the prison could also have been a metaphor for the jailor’s heart: closed and hardened but after an inburst of God’s grace now opened and renewed.
 
You speculated that the judge and prosecuting attorneys were “on the take” and would have accepted bribes. Those are people, real people with friends and families and honor and dignity. If you have evidence that there is bribery happening, report this to the authorities.
Lawyers, honour and dignity… AHAHAHAHA ur a funny Little Lady.
 
Last edited:
To Psychae and adamhovey1988 thanks for making a good point. With people i can forgive and forget but no one can forget time on the inside.

In a way it’s Satan that I’m mad at. He controls our society through money. So from that perspective being angry at the system is justified i could argue. I love God and his creation but I despise Satan and his influences.

So now, should I forgive Satan?
Forgiveness is conditional for those that repent. Satan will not repent.
Of course, if we hold the hurt thinking of personal revenge it will be poison to our souls. Romans 12:
19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it * to the wrath of God; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
* Greek give place
 
Last edited:
About forgiving Satan…

“…forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us…”

I myself feel sorry for Satan. And annoyed at him. And sometimes quite angry at him. I’m not actually sure if I’ve forgiven him or not. But I’m thinking, wouldn’t it make sense for forgiveness of Satan to be an ideal for us to reach for?
 
Forgiveness is conditional for those that repent
Not necessarily I have forgiven people without them apologizing or knowing what they did.
But I’m thinking, wouldn’t it make sense for forgiveness of Satan to be an ideal for us to reach for?
This is taking it even further. Not only are we forgiving corrupt governments but you are suggesting we should be forgiving Satan… I dunno about that…
 
40.png
Vico:
Forgiveness is conditional for those that repent
Not necessarily I have forgiven people without them apologizing or knowing what they did.
…
I mean the forgiveness of God is for those that repent, and Satan cannot repent.
 
forgiving Satan… I dunno about that…
Yeah, it’s a tough question for sure. But “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who have trespassed against us”… It bears thinking about, IMO
 
40.png
Vico:
Satan cannot repent.
Not to derail the thread or anything, but are you sure about that?
Catechism of the Catholic Church
393 It is the irrevocable character of their choice, and not a defect in the infinite divine mercy, that makes the angels’ sin unforgivable. “There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is no repentance for men after death.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top