T
thinkandmull
Guest
Dear friends, I’ve been doubting my faith a lot lately, and I am just going to list the reasons and hope some people can help me
- Trent said that nobody can know for sure the state of their soul unless they have a direct revelation from God. This seems to be clearly erroneous. What about if somebody was baptized as a baby and knows that they haven’t committed a mortal sin; mortal sin requires full consent, so we know what we commit them. Also, Trent teaches here that one cannot know if they have repented sufficiently. But the Bible says that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and will forgive us. Isn’t it obvious that a person can know that they’ve repented all the way in their hearts? It’s not very hard to know when that’s happened.
- Trent also teaches that a person cannot be forgiven without confession for mortal sin unless they are sorry for the sin because they love God. This also seems clearly wrong. A person can completely repent of his sin because he loves virtue and his conscience, even if he doesn’t know God
- Jesus said that if somebody has faith the size of a mustard seed, he could cast mountains into oceans. I have faith, and yet I cannot do with, as millions and millions of other believers cannot
- Finally, why would an all-powerful, good, just God allow babies and children to be raped and tortured?