Fourth Glorious Mystery: The Assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
I was wondering how you visualise this mystery, whether you visualise Mary being assumed from laying in a tomb or sitting up or even standing/walking?

I seem to change my mind and was just curious as to how other people prayed through this one mystery.

Thanks.
 
I tend to picture her Son eagerly bringing her into His realm and showing it to her…
 
Blessed Emmerich in a vision saw.that Our Lady.was in a tomb and was assumed then.
I was wondering how you visualise this mystery, whether you visualise Mary being assumed from laying in a tomb or sitting up or even standing/walking?

I seem to change my mind and was just curious as to how other people prayed through this one mystery.

Thanks.
 
Blessed Emmerich in a vision saw.that Our Lady.was in a tomb and was assumed then.
So that’s how you picture it?
I always remember various paintings.
I guess it doesn’t really matter HOW it happened, just that we know it happened.
Indeed, the Orthodox speak of the “Dormition” of Mary. That she was sleeping. But paintings always depict her standing up, surrounded by angels.
Interesting thread.
 
IMHO a suggestion for The Assumption Mystery:

The Pater Noster – The Blessed Virgin Mary is on her deathbed with St. John the Apostle at her side recalling the major events in her life with her Son.

1 Ave Maria – The Annunciation with the visit of the Angel Gabriel and the Holy Spirit
2 Ave Maria – Her visit with St. Elizabeth
3 Ave Maria – The journey to Bethlehem and the birth of Jesus
4 Ave Maria – The Presentation in the Temple with Simeon and Anna
5 Ave Maria – The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple
6 Ave Maria – The Wedding feast at Canaan
7 Ave Maria – Our Lord’s Ministry
8 Ave Maria – The Passion of Our Lord
9 Ave Maria – The Resurrection and Ascension
10 Ave Maria – Her ascent (Assumption) into Heaven greeted by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Gloria Patri – Her ascent (Assumption) into Heaven greeted by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Depending on your meditation skill, you could combine, add, or delete any of the above and dwell at greater length on Her ascent (Assumption) into Heaven greeted by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

God Bless and Peace to all.
 
I think what her life was like after her son ascended. She, along with the other holy women, attended the poor and the sick. Probably cooked meals and cleaned for her son’s disciples, along with other menial chores. She made herself available whereever she could helping whoever needed her love and attention.
She probably spent a lot of time in contemplation and prayer with her companions. And then her death came quietly and quickly in the company of those she most cared about. Then the greatest moment of her life came as Jesus came himself to take her into his heavenly home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top