G
GKMotley
Guest
I certainly know how you feel, on that.
Word…and laughter.-(must have last word)
I agree however it’s not just in modern war that everyone is affected.Nor do I accept the “don’t hurt women/don’t hurt children/don’t hurt nature” hymn of the postmodern generation. In modern war EVERYBODY is a potential combatant. And nature is far more resistant to damage than we are.
The Nazis were themselves horrified by the atrocities committed by the Japanese. That’s telling a lot.But the Japanese, driven by their belief in their racial superiority, killed as many as 14 million civilians. The atrocities were just as bad if not worse than the those of perpetrated by the Nazis.
I had no idea that the Nazis were horrified. And I’ve heard about Japan’s revisionist history, though I don’t know much about it.The Nazis were themselves horrified by the atrocities committed by the Japanese. That’s telling a lot.
Until now, a lot of Japanese still believe they did nothing wrong during World War II.
Luke 22:36-38 New American Bible (NABRE)
36 He said to them, “But now one who has a money bag should take it, and likewise a sack, and one who does not have a sword should sell his cloak and buy one.
37 For I tell you that this scripture must be fulfilled in me, namely, ‘He was counted among the wicked’; and indeed what is written about me is coming to fulfillment.”
38 Then they said, “Lord, look, there are two swords here.” But he replied, “It is enough!”
Below is a link to a Nazi who played a part in saving Chinese civilians from the Japanese.I had no idea that the Nazis were horrified. And I’ve heard about Japan’s revisionist history, though I don’t know much about it.
Actually, a very large number of Americans and other people who do not live in countries that were part of Japan’s “Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere” are very ignorant of what life under Japanese military occupation was like in the 1937-1945 era. I recently read a book called “Rampage” by James Scott about the Battle of (and Japanese atrocities in) Manila in 1945. The Japanese forces under Admiral Iwabuchi in and around Manila were beyond ruthless during that campaign, determined to fight to death and take as much of Manila with them.Until now, a lot of Japanese still believe they did nothing wrong during World War II.
It’s inexcusableI think it’s rather wrong to attack a civilian population,
A pity really.Actually, a very large number of Americans and other people who do not live in countries that were part of Japan’s “Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere” are very ignorant of what life under Japanese military occupation was like in the 1937-1945 era.