H
HopkinsReb
Guest
Can’t have those ridiculous writings of that awful pagan Tolkien corrupting the Church!“thou shalt not read fantasy”.
Can’t have those ridiculous writings of that awful pagan Tolkien corrupting the Church!“thou shalt not read fantasy”.
This is certainly counter-cultural. Many average Catholics in the pew would have no idea who Pope Leo XIII even was, nor know anything about Rerum novarum.Pope Leo’s Encyclical Rerum Novarum:
Women, again, are not suited for certain occupations; a woman is by nature fitted for home-work, and it is that which is best adapted at once to preserve her modesty and to promote the good bringing up of children and the well-being of the family.
Oh, good. Maybe the only reason I’m not demonically possessed from reading Harry Potter repeatedly is that I’ve read Lord of the Rings repeatedly.Fr.Ripperger has not said negative things against Tolkien.
Of course you can, provided you recognize that they are just his opinions and not infallible church teaching.Yes, he can have his opinions, and I can agree with them!
It’s more of the attention seeking dynamic. Harry Potter was a hugely successful and popular series of books. Whats the best way to get your name out there as the flag bearer of arch-traditionalists who isn’t afraid to speak truth to power? Attack the latest trend and start a panic about demonic activity in children’s books, of course.Oh, good. Maybe the only reason I’m not demonically possessed from reading Harry Potter repeatedly is that I’ve read Lord of the Rings repeatedly.
If the family just wants all sorts of unnecessary frippery, then greed is the sin not the working outside the home.If families just want all sorts of gadgets, money, and material extras…at the expense of having the wife work outside the home, then it is a sin.
Even if he was my pastor, why would I have to listen his crazy ideas?Unless Fr Ripperger is your pastor, you are not in any way subject to his opinions on cartoons.
I see that more with liberal priests who seek attention by advancing their agendas such as ‘women priests’, etc.Just another “Internet celebrity priest”. They occasionally say good things but all of them will be going for the attention grab at some point
This is nonsense and it is not a Church teaching that women should stay at home. Show me in the CCC the Church teaches this. All Church teachings are summarised there.This has been the constant teaching of the Church. Married women should not neglect their duty at home. Fr.Rippergers point is that married women should not enter the workforce without grave matter. If families just want all sorts of gadgets, money, and material extras…at the expense of having the wife work outside the home, then it is a sin. Its also part of nature. Women have certain perfections that apply to taking care of children and maintaining productive family life. Also, if a women is unnecessarily hard at work every, she is not going to want to come home and tend to the children. It makes for a problematic home life. In some cases its necessary, so the Church has taught that women can enter the workforce, and it can be a good as well.
Pope Leo’s Encyclical Rerum Novarum:
Women, again, are not suited for certain occupations; a woman is by nature fitted for home-work, and it is that which is best adapted at once to preserve her modesty and to promote the good bringing up of children and the well-being of the family.
Your ‘general comment’ sounds a lot like ‘your opinion’. To be quite honest, you border line being offensive in regards to your ‘opinion’ toward a Priest.I didn’t say Fr Ripperger criticized the Pope. I was making a general comment about attention-seeking Internet priests.
Fr Ripperger is obviously more likely to see problems with pop culture and women working, while Fr Z is more likely to criticize the Pope. They are both cut from the same cloth. They like the attention.
Of course it’s her opinion. What else would it be?Your ‘general comment’ sounds a lot like ‘your opinion’. To be quite honest, you border line being offensive in regards to your ‘opinion’ toward a Priest.
Might I recommend you learn to ‘Pray for our Priest’ rather than gossip your opinion about our Priest?
God bless.
I wonder what occupations Leo XIII thought women weren’t suited for: doctor, lawyer, judge, political leader, manager? Pope Leo’s ideas were formulated in the agricultural Italy of the late 1800’s — an entirely different world. I suspect that he also thought womens’ education didn’t need to progress beyond elementary levels either.This has been the constant teaching of the Church. Married women should not neglect their duty at home. Fr.Rippergers point is that married women should not enter the workforce without grave matter. If families just want all sorts of gadgets, money, and material extras…at the expense of having the wife work outside the home, then it is a sin. Its also part of nature. Women have certain perfections that apply to taking care of children and maintaining productive family life. Also, if a women is unnecessarily hard at work every, she is not going to want to come home and tend to the children. It makes for a problematic home life. In some cases its necessary, so the Church has taught that women can enter the workforce, and it can be a good as well.
Pope Leo’s Encyclical Rerum Novarum:
Women, again, are not suited for certain occupations; a woman is by nature fitted for home-work, and it is that which is best adapted at once to preserve her modesty and to promote the good bringing up of children and the well-being of the family.
Talk about an attention seeker lol. The liberals corner the market. Fr. Rip and Fr. Z are not seeking to change the teachings of Jesus. We should want to give them more attention.If the topic was Fr. James Martin’s efforts to change Church teaching on homosexuality,
I guess you know me better than I? Your judgement of me is incorrect, I would ‘Pray For Our Priest’. Don’t judge what you know not of.If the topic was Fr. James Martin’s efforts to change Church teaching on homosexuality, somehow I don’t think you’d be pushing this “how dare you question a priest” line.