V
Victoria33
Guest
France pulls out of operation off Libya | Arkansas Democrat Gazette
France announced Wednesday that it is suspending its involvement in a NATO naval operation in the Mediterranean Sea after a standoff with a Turkish warship, as tensions mount within the military alliance over the conflict in Libya.
Libya, I’ve got my hunches. I follow someone named Annabel Rubio on twitter about what’s going on there. Again, could be wrong but I think her information and reporting is reliable.France pulls out of operation off Libya
NATO sent letterafter harassmentby Turks reported by SYLVIE CORBET AND LORNE COOK THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | Today at 4:02 a.m. 0
PARIS – France announced Wednesday that it is suspending its involvement in a NATO naval operation in the Mediterranean Sea after a standoff with a Turkish warship, as tensions mount within the military alliance over the conflict in Libya.
France’s Defense Ministry said that the government sent a letter Tuesday to NATO saying that it is halting its participation in Sea Guardian “temporarily.” The step was taken after NATO investigators submitted their report on the June 10 incident.
A ministry official said France wants NATO allies to “solemnly reaffirm their attachment” to the arms embargo on Libya, which is being policed in part by a European Union naval operation. The official was speaking on condition of anonymity under the government’s customary practices.
The US has called for peace, a ceasefire and recognizes the government in Tripoli. I think that is the correct approach.