France recalls ambassador from Turkey after Erdogan says Macron needs ‘mental’ treatment

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Needs help over “Islamic terrorism” label, of this nature.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...teacher-beheading/ar-BB1anmxU?ocid=uxbndlbing

France recalls ambassador from Turkey after Erdogan says Macron needs ‘mental’ treatment​

PARIS — The French foreign ministry said Sunday it was recalling its ambassador to Turkey, a day after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sharply criticized French President Emmanuel Macron’s response to the beheading of a teacher who had shown students pictures of the prophet Muhammad, strictly prohibited by the Muslim faith.

In the week since the attack in the Paris suburb of Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, Macron’s government has ordered a crackdown on Muslim organizations it accuses of fomenting terrorist violence, and defended the caricatures of Muhammad as emblematic of the French values of secularism and free expression, even if they’re deeply offensive to many of France’s own Muslim citizens, among its largest minority populations.

History teacher Samuel Paty, 47, was teaching a lesson on free speech when he shared the images with his class. As France mourned his death, it projected the caricatures onto government buildings in cities including Toulouse and Montpellier.

The government’s response has emerged as a flash point in France’s increasingly troubled strategic relationship with Turkey, which offered no public solidarity with France in the aftermath of the killing. Over the past year, the two governments have sparred over the civil war in Libya and Turkish claims to energy deposits in the eastern Mediterranean.
I know someone from Libya, they claim France has been active in that Civil War that is more or less, ending now in Libya. I never saw quite clear cut evidence of that. Anyway, that’s another topic I’d gladly discuss with anyone… but this is a bit different and will be an interesting situation to watch.

This article I think mentions it, in France, in defense of Free Speech as a demonstration, I believe they projected the image of Mohammed up on a building! Seriously!

From article:

As France mourned his death, it projected the caricatures onto government buildings in cities including Toulouse and Montpellier.

Last edited:
Turkish Dictator Recep Tayyip Erdogan needs to go. Frankly, at this point, I think Turkey should be removed from NATO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back