France shows a little moral courage

• Thread starter Thread starter caroljm36
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caroljm36

It’s not all bad news, anti-US apparently. To let Turkey into the EU, they want Turkey to first apologize for the genocide of 1.5 mil Christians.

timesonline.co.uk/article/0,3-1403664,00.html

I hope Turkey doesn’t do it and I hope they don’t get into the EU. Eurabia will be overwhelmed and Islamicized even faster than is already happening.

40.png
caroljm36:
It’s not all bad news, anti-US apparently. To let Turkey into the EU, they want Turkey to first apologize for the genocide of 1.5 mil Christians.

I hope Turkey doesn’t do it and I hope they don’t get into the EU. Eurabia will be overwhelmed and Islamicized even faster than is already happening.
My first impression is to applaud France, but based on the way France has acted lately I can’t help but be suspicious that France is looking for some kind of bribe.

40.png
caroljm36:

I too hope Turkey does not get in. They are not in Europe and have little in common with most European democracies.

The French could care less about the Armenian Christians. Always remember: France acts according to French interests only. They just don’t want Turkey in the EU and they know the Turks won’t admit to anything. So they get their way AND can claim they are acting for “human rights”. Don’t be surprised, the French show little courage in any way, shape, or form.

They way I heard it first described (NPR news perhaps) I got the impression that the French official made this statement/request as a sudden last minute surprise. That reminds me of the way that the French ambasador stabbed Powel (the USA) in the back.

I am not sure if this is accurate. Any comments?

40.png
JamesD:
They way I heard it first described (NPR news perhaps) I got the impression that the French official made this statement/request as a sudden last minute surprise. That reminds me of the way that the French ambasador stabbed Powel (the USA) in the back.

I am not sure if this is accurate. Any comments?
I’d say the bottom line is pretty much as Cest puts it - if the French are for it and clothe it with some “honor” code - get ready for duplicity, watch your wallet and don’t take your eyes off them for a nano second.

40.png
caroljm36:

Yeah right! How many Catholics did the French kill during the French Revolution??

40.png
cestusdei:
The French could care less about the Armenian Christians. Always remember: France acts according to French interests only. They just don’t want Turkey in the EU and they know the Turks won’t admit to anything. So they get their way AND can claim they are acting for “human rights”. Don’t be surprised, the French show little courage in any way, shape, or form.
You are right, it’s all for show. Further from my understanding, the genocide was much more ETHNICALLY based than religiously based. IOW the Turks wanted rid of the Armenians, that they were Christian was simply a bit of trivia. I work with two Armenian doctors, one who came here in his twenties and the other a first generation American. Both speak ill of the Turks without having made any reference to their religion.

So the French in pretending to want an apology for Christians are merely trying to posture as defenders of the faith. They know full well that this whole horrific chapter in both countries’ history has not been forgotten by either side. The Turks will NEVER apologize

Lisa N

40.png
caroljm36:
France shows a little moral courage
There’s a spurious character in your title. It should read:

France shows little moral courage

The motivating force behind French diplomacy since at least DeGaulle has been French self-aggrandizement and the hobbling of the U.S. All else is just posturing.

40.png
stumbler:
There’s a spurious character in your title. It should read:

France shows little moral courage

The motivating force behind French diplomacy since at least DeGaulle has been French self-aggrandizement and the hobbling of the U.S. All else is just posturing.
Amen! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back