Franciscan Spirituality

  • Thread starter Thread starter InNomineDomini
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

InNomineDomini

Guest
I would love to learn more about Franciscan spirituality, but in doing some research, I’ve only been able to find resources which are, in some ways, problematic or modernistic.

Does anyone know of good books on the subject? Books which, to be sure, are completely faithful to the Magisterium, and which accurately reflect St. Francis as a faithful Catholic?

How about audio resources?

Thanks, everyone. 🙂
 
Peace be with you. I am praying that you will find the resources you are seeking. God bless you.
 
I agreed. There are plenty of works on St. Francis and other Franciscan saints. On Franciscan Spirituality I have seen very little. Check out my poem on the same topic in this forum to see how I interpret what it is.
 
You might want to visit the Secular Franciscan (third order) website

nafra-sfo.org/

Aside from the website, you might also see if there is a secular Franciscan order near you.

I live in California and the parish I attend is a historic Franciscan mission, with friars living on site. If you can visit a Franciscan mission or parish or the websites of such you might find additional resources as well. I’m learning about Franciscan spirituality primarily from the Secular Franciscan order in my parish.
 
I just attended a secular Franciscan meeting today. A wonderful group of people. We have a group at our parish that started about 3-4 years ago.

There is a little magazine I picked up called The Way of St. Francis. It is published bimonthly by the Franciscan Friars of California Inc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top