Free Gregorian Chant mp3's

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aureole
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!!!

We have a new PP (as of today) and although he is willing to celebrate a TLM for us he gets the singing muddled up. He tries hard though. When we got home today I told my husband I was going to get a CD or tape to give him so he can practice.

If I can wait through the downloading I will be able to use these.🙂
 
Great!!!

We have a new PP (as of today) and although he is willing to celebrate a TLM for us he gets the singing muddled up. He tries hard though. When we got home today I told my husband I was going to get a CD or tape to give him so he can practice.

If I can wait through the downloading I will be able to use these.🙂
You are so lucky.
I wish my priest was willing to celebrate TLM…
 
That’s great that you have a priest willing to celebrate the 1962 Mass. These songs will no doubt help him; they’re clear and very beautiful. I hope everything goes well for your parish!
 
Dear Friends in Christ,

Greetings.

It has been a long time since I have been active at this Forum although I registered in March.

I have some awesome links to “Gregorian Chant” – if anyone is interested ?

I also need to ask someone who is technically literate this question ?

How does one convert MPG and OGG Files to mp3 or how does one listen to them ?

Looking forward to a response.

In the meantime, Check out this awesome link to Gregorian Chant on the web in mp3 format.

Most of the Recordings are from “The Abbey of Solesmes” in France.

dovesong.com/MP3/MP3_Chant.asp

P.S. The Server at this site is iften down, so if you can get to download files do it immediately or else you will have to wait hours as there are a lot of visitors to this site.
 
Dear Aureole and Friends in Christ,

I planned to add these Links yesterday but I forgot about it.

Anyhow, I felt I should do this today for y’all.

Let me know how you like these Links.

These are Links to MP3 Files of “Gregorian Chant” from a Benedictine Monastery in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

I would like to stress that these are “Live Recordings” that have been made by a certain Portuguese Brazilian Catholic Guy who has taken a lot of trouble to put them up on the Internet.

Check them out.

The Maximum Size of these Files is 5 MB, at least according to me.

Here they are in “Chronological Order”.

“All Masses of the Liturgical Year”
  1. christusrex.org/www2/cantgreg/all_masses.html
“All Masses of the Liturgical Year - Tridentine Rite”
  1. christusrex.org/www2/cantgreg/all_masses_trid.html
“Selected Chants”
  1. christusrex.org/www2/cantgreg/cantos_selec_eng.html
“Kyriale”
  1. christusrex.org/www2/cantgreg/kyriale_eng.html
Now, I have a bonus for you thrown in from “The Priestly Fraternity of the Society of Saint Peter”.

This is a Mass in Gregorian Chant performed by the Priests and Seminarians of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter on “Holy Thursday” or Maundy Thursday some time back.

“In Cena Domini”

“Gregorian Chants for the Vesperal Mass of Maundy Thursday by The Schola of Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary”
  1. fssp.com/main/chant.htm
P.S. - If anyone is interested in any more links on Gregorian Chant, get back to me via email.

Have a Blessed Day.

I love listening to Gregorian Chant as well as to the compositions of Rennaissance Composers like Palestrina, Tomas Luis De Victoria, Thomas Tallis, etc.
 
Dear Aureole and Friends in Christ,

Greetings.

Here is a Link to “Gregorian Chant Passions” from a Parish in the United States that is renowned for “Gregorian Chant” as well as for performing some famous works from “Sacred Polyphony”.

There are 4 or 5 Files at the most at this Link and they are all in wma format.

Let me know how you all like them.

Did you Guys check out the Links that I have posted over the past 1 week ?

[/url

Also, Do check out all “The Awesome MP3’S of “GREGORIAN CHANT” at this site”. They are out of this world.

They have been recorded at the Abbey of Solesmes in France and then they have been digitally perfected or mastered later on.

They were originally recorded possibly in the 1930’s, 1950’s and 1960’s.

DoveSong.com -- Gregorian Chant MP3s](http://www.stagnes.net/music-recordings-cd-gregorian.html)
 
Dear Aureole and Friends in Christ,

Greetings.

Here is a Link to “Gregorian Chant Passions” from a Parish in the United States that is renowned for “Gregorian Chant” as well as for performing some famous works from “Sacred Polyphony”.

There are 4 or 5 Files at the most at this Link and they are all in wma format.

Let me know how you all like them.

Here is the Link.

stagnes.net/music-recordings-cd-gregorian.html

Did you Guys check out the Links that I have posted over the last 5-6 days.

Also, Do check out all “The Awesome MP3’S of “GREGORIAN CHANT” at this site”. They are out of this world.

They have been recorded at the Abbey of Solesmes in France and then they have been digitally perfected or mastered later on.

They were originally recorded possibly in the 1930’s, 1950’s and 1960’s.

Here is the Link. Do check it out. Specially check out all the Masses performed by the Benedictine Monks of Solesmes as well as Chant for other Feast Days.

Here is the Link Again. Have a Blessed Day and a Blessed Week-End.

dovesong.com/MP3/MP3_Chant.asp

P.S.- If anyone is interested in receiving from me, an awesome 43 MB File of a Mass performed by some Benedictine Monks in France – Do let me know by email.

It’s very good.
 
Does anyone have the Gregorian Chant that was available at dovesong.com? They have stopped hosting the recordings, but still have the links up. Several of the other links from this post are still active and I’ve really enjoyed the prayers.

A link I found recently is from some of our young men in the St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary.
Check this one out.
stas.org/archives/index.shtml#chant

Again, if anyone has the Gregorian Chants from dovesong.com please let me know.

Sincerely,
Sam
 
Dear Friends in Christ,

Greetings.

It has been a long time since I have been active at this Forum although I registered in March.

I have some awesome links to “Gregorian Chant” – if anyone is interested ?

I also need to ask someone who is technically literate this question ?

How does one convert MPG and OGG Files to mp3 or how does one listen to them ?

Looking forward to a response.

In the meantime, Check out this awesome link to Gregorian Chant on the web in mp3 format.

Most of the Recordings are from “The Abbey of Solesmes” in France.

dovesong.com/MP3/MP3_Chant.asp

P.S. The Server at this site is iften down, so if you can get to download files do it immediately or else you will have to wait hours as there are a lot of visitors to this site.
Thanks for the link.

Few catholics realize that Gregorian music by the Abby of Solesmes is some of the oldest and rarest to obtain. I have some recordings from the early 1940’s. It’s magnificent to hear such beauty.
 
Hello,

You can download free MP3 files on musique-liturgique.com website.

Here is the list :

3-Parts-Scores

Scores for three equal and mixed voices. No copyright. + MP3 files with individual voices

4-Parts-Scores

Scores for 4 mixed voices. No copyright. + MP3 files with individual voices

Gregorian Chant

This category includes copyright-free Gregorian pieces. They were chosen because of their use for creating liturgical booklets for family – or other – events.

Canticals

This category includes cantiques in French, adapted by different musicians. There are no copyrights on these partitions.

The Musica sacra Collection

This collection contains simple polyphonies and priante, easy to implement.
The scores are free of rights.

Miscellaneous

Booklets and scores for various events : marriages, burials, baptisms, processions, etc…

Best regards
 
I cannot wait to hear it. There is supposed to be a group forming and practising gregorian chants in our parish. I don’t know when they will begin.
 
Just a head’s up to for folks here but you don’t need to have a TLM using the 1962 missel to licitly use Gregorian Chant.

The 1974 Graduale Romanum has adapted the Gregorian repertory for Mass to the OF Mass. The Graduale Triplex is even better; it is the Graduale Romanum with the neumes of St. Gall and Laon as well, very handy for students of the genre.

By golly you can even have an OF Mass entirely in Latin if you want!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top