Freemasonry

• Thread starter Thread starter ChiefCounsellor
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChiefCounsellor

The church forbid’s Catholics to become Freemasons, I’ve read various documents on the church’s stand, as well as contradicting actions of various bishops.

I have l also had discussions with Freemasons in a forum a run by them to see their point of view.

However, I would like your (name removed by moderator)ut on this matter. Please share with me why the church considers Freemasonry “evil”.

C.C.

40.png
ChiefCounsellor:
The church forbid’s Catholics to become Freemasons, I’ve read various documents on the church’s stand, as well as contradicting actions of various bishops.

I have l also had discussions with Freemasons in a forum a run by them to see their point of view.

However, I would like your (name removed by moderator)ut on this matter. Please share with me why the church considers Freemasonry “evil”.

C.C.
Wherefore we see that men are publicly tempted by the many allurements of pleasure; that there are journals and pamphlets with neither moderation nor shame; that stage-plays are remarkable for license; that designs for works of art are shamelessly sought in the laws of a so-called realism; that the contrivances of a soft and delicate life are most carefully devised; and that all the blandishments of pleasure are diligently sought out by which virtue may be lulled to sleep. Wickedly, also, but at the same time quite consistently, do those act who do away with the expectation of the joys of heaven, and bring down all happiness to the level of mortality, and, as it were, sink it in the earth. Of what We have said the following fact, astonishing not so much in itself as in its open expression, may serve as a confirmation. For, since generally no one is accustomed to obey crafty and clever men so submissively as those whose soul is weakened and broken down by the domination of the passions, there have been in the sect of the Freemasons some who have plainly determined and proposed that, artfully and of set purpose, the multitude should be satiated with a boundless license of vice, as, when this had been done, it would easily come under their power and authority for any acts of daring…

…With the greatest unanimity the sect of the Freemasons also endeavors to take to itself the education of youth. They think that they can easily mold to their opinions that soft and pliant age, and bend it whither they will; and that nothing can be more fitted than this to enable them to bring up the youth of the State after their own plan. Therefore, in the education and instruction of children they allow no share, either of teaching or of discipline, to the ministers of the Church; and in many places they have procured that the education of youth shall he exclusively in the hands of laymen, and that nothing which treats of the most important and most holy duties of men to God shall be introduced into the instructions on morals.

Pope Leo XIII

Humanum Genus - Encyclical on Freemasonry - **Promulgated on April 20, 1884

Excerpt from the Catholic Encyclopedia, newadvent.org/cathen/09771a.htm#VI

for “Masonry (Freemasonry)”

*The following are deemed the principal means: (1) To destroy radically by open persecution of the Church or by a [hypocritical (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07610a.htm) fraudulent system of separation between State and Church, all social influence of the Church and of religion, insidiously called “clericalism”, and, as far as possible, to destroy the Church and all true, i.e., superhuman religion, which is more than a vague cult of fatherland and of humanity; (2) To laicize, or secularize, by a likewise [hypocritical (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07610a.htm) fraudulent system of “unsectarianism”, all public and private life and, above all, popular instruction and education. “Unsectarianism” as understood by the Grand Orient party is anti-Catholic and even anti-Christian, [atheistic (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02040a.htm), positivistic, or agnostic sectarianism in the garb of unsectarianism. Freedom of thought and conscience of the children has to be developed systematically in the child at school and protected, as far as possible, against all disturbing influences, not only of the Church and priests, but also of the children’s own parents, if necessary, even by means of moral and physical compulsion. The Grand Orient party considers it indispensable and an infallibly sure way to the final establishment of the universal social republic and of the pretended world peace, as they fancy them, and of the glorious era of human solidarity and of unsurpassable human happiness in the reign of liberty and justice. [164] *

The action of the Church is summed up in the papal pronouncements against Freemasonry since 1738, the most important of which are:
  • Clement XII, Const. “In Eminenti”, 28 April, 1738;
  • Benedict XIV, “Providas”, 18 May, 1751;
  • Pius VII, “Ecclesiam”, 13 September, 1821;
  • Leo XII, “Quo graviora”, 13 March, 1825;
  • Pius VIII, Encycl. “Traditi”, 21 May, 1829;
  • Gregory XVI, “Mirari”, 15 August, 1832;
  • Pius IX, Encycl. “Qui pluribus”, 9 November, 1846;
  • Pius IX, Alloc. “Quibus quantisque malis”, 20 April, 1849;
  • Pius IX, Encycl. “Quanta cura”, 8 December, 1864;
  • Pius IX, Alloc. “Multiplices inter”, 25 September, 1865;
  • Pius IX, Const. “Apostolicæ Sedis”, 12 October, 1869;
  • Pius IX, Encycl. “Etsi multa”, 21 November, 1873;
  • Leo XIII, Encycl. “Humanum genus”, 20 April, 1884;
  • Leo XIII, “Præclara”, 20 June, 1894;
  • Leo XIII, “Annum ingressi”, 18 March, 1902 (against Italian Freemasonry);
  • Leo XIII, Encycl. “Etsí nos”, 15 February, 1882;
  • Leo XIII, “Ab Apostolici”, 15 October, 1890.
These pontifical utterances from first to last are in complete accord, the latter reiterating the earlier with such developments as were called for by the growth of Freemasonry and other secret societies.

Here’s a website that’ll tell you more about the Freemasonary than you’ll ever want to know, such as most Christian and Muslim leaders forbid Freemasonry… because it is a most deceptive secret society, as we shall see next:

**-“Catholics”:

**Freemasons have been excommunicated from the Catholic Church by 8 Popes: In 1738 by Clement XII “In Eminenti”, the first of 20 bulls against Freemasonry. Pius IX issued 6 bulls attacking Masonry. Leo XIII, in 1884, in “Humanum Genus”, and endorsed the view that the Freemasons’ “real supreme aim” is “to persecute Christianity with untamed hatred, and they will never rest until they see cast to the ground all religious institutions established by the Pope”… and the last one, John Paul II in 1983… you can not be a Catholic and a Mason!.. if you want to be a Mason, you are automatically out of the Catholic Church, excommunicated!.. these are the words issued by Cardinal Ratzinger, approved and ordered by John Paul II in Nov. 1983: “The Church’s negative judgment in regard to Masonic associations remains unchanged since their principles have always been considered irreconcilable with the doctrine of the Church and therefore membership in them remains forbidden. Catholics who enrol in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion. Local Ecclesiastical authorities do not have the faculty to pronounce a judgment on the nature of Masonic associations which may include a diminution of the above-mentioned judgment”.
  • "Baptist" leaders,
have referred to it as “an ungodly brotherhood of satanic darkness”; “there is an inherent incompatibility between Masonry and the Christian faith”; “there is a great danger that the Christian Mason may find himself compromising his allegiance to Jesus” (The Baptist Union of Scotland, 1965).

-“Lutherans”,

say “Masonry amounts to idolatry” (Missouri Synod, 1959).

-“Presbyterians”:

"Masonry is a religious institution and as such is definitely anti-Christian (General Assembly, Rochester, 1942).

-“The Church of England”:

"A number of very fundamental reasons to question the compatibility of Freemasonry with Christianity (General Synod, London, 1987… and several members of the committee were Masons!).

-“Russian Orthodox Church”:

"Any Orthodox who joins Masonry losses all the right and privileges of his membership in the Church (Acker, “Strange Altars”, pag.60).

"Methodists":

"There is a great danger that the Christian who becomes a Freemason will find himself comprising his Christian beliefs. Methodists should not become Masons (General Assembly, London, 1985).

… However, most Masons are white Protestants, and some Catholics and Orthodox!.

Laugh if you wan. But here’s a question that I want to know. Would “honor society” groups in high school/college like Beta Club, NHS, etc. also be considered along some of the lines of Free Masonary groups?

You may want to check out www.scripturecatholic.com. The fellow who runs that web site was, at one time, a member of Freemasonry. On the left side of the home page he has some links you can look into.

Mark

Thanks guys, especially Mark…that site is awesome.

CC

Freemasons are anti-catholic, if you read some of their documents they want the downfall of the Catholic church. So why would we join a society that wants the downfall of our group. That is the short answer. Tan has a little book called Alta Vendeta that talks about it.

40.png
EddieArent:
Laugh if you wan. But here’s a question that I want to know. Would “honor society” groups in high school/college like Beta Club, NHS, etc. also be considered along some of the lines of Free Masonary groups?
I don’t recall that any such societies have secret levels and/or an anti-Catholic agenda. So the answer would be “No.”

Has anyone seen a masonic temple? It hardly has any windows. These guys are so secretive.

Freemasons will accept anyone who believes that there is a god. Problem is… which god? Another thing that I find problematic is that they accept any religion and deem all of them as equal.

The Barrister:
I don’t recall that any such societies have secret levels and/or an anti-Catholic agenda. So the answer would be “No.”
According to this, the answer would be ‘yes’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back