French court bans ad poster based on Last Supper

• Thread starter Thread starter Digitonomy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digitonomy

I really don’t understand the basis for this in French law; this ruling would surely not stand in the US with our First Amendment.

France court bans Christ advert
The controversial poster has already been banned in Italy…[now there is in France] a court injunction to ban an advertisement based on Leonardo da Vinci’s Christ’s Last Supper.
The display was ruled “a gratuitous and aggressive act of intrusion on people’s innermost beliefs”, a judge said.
I will say no more, because you really need to look at the poster - not what you expect.

40.png
Digitonomy:
I really don’t understand the basis for this in French law; this ruling would surely not stand in the US with our First Amendment.
Gad! It’s obvious that it’s insulting to the Last Supper. Whether it would be allowed in the U.S. is irrelevant. Note that the suit was brought by the Catholic Church, in Italy as well as France, not by some secular government bureaucrats.

What’s next? Christ on the Cross modelling Jockey briefs?

that poster is the most offensive thing I’ve ever seen…I can feel my blood pressure rising! :mad:

Interesting that the case has been brought in a country where Catholicism is supposed to be dead!!!

When they’re all women, how am I supposed to tell which one is Mary Magdalene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back