Friend is looking for a reputable convent/monestary near illinois...suggestions?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rising_Suns
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest the Carmelites of Terre Haute, Indiana. They’re cloistered and very orthodox.

I strongly recommend the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. (sistersofmary.org – thanks, whoever posted that.) They are located in Ann Arbor, MI. As Dominicans, they combine their active charism (teaching in this case) with a monastic element. This community is young, orthodox, and growing rapidly. My best friend entered last August. My sister and another friend plan to join. I’ve met the vocations director and many other sisters from that community, and I have been very impressed with them.

Another one that’s relatively close: Sisters of Saint Cecilia, in Tennesee (Also Dominican). They are the mother-house of Sisters of Mary.

I will pray for your friend’s vocation!

The Sisters of the Resurrection have a convent on Talcott

Avenue in Chicago Proper. They are wonderful people

Here are two organizations of numerous orders that are orthodox (ie. follow Catholic Church teachings).

cmswr.org/

religiouslife.org/

God bless! I too am considering the sisterhood (active service) for the future.

40.png
boppysbud:
There are two religious communities for women in Springfield Ill.

The Franciscans (third Order more active), and Dominicans (less active).
Well, this post is quite late, but… actually the Dominican Sisters of Springfield are quite active. They are teaching sisters who have traditionally had a number of schools in the area (including the one I attended).

The Felician Sisters also have a provincial house in Chicago.

40.png
LilyOfTheFather:
May I suggest the Carmelites of Terre Haute, Indiana. They’re cloistered and very orthodox.
Do you have a website or phone number for the Carmelites?
Thanks.
Scout :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back