I
iloveGod143
Guest
I recently became friends with a guy who has bipolar disorder. He would call me all the time, especially when he was down or depressed (due to his disorder), and he told me he liked talking to me because I was a good listener and that his parents were not caring or understanding about his situation. He was appreciative though, that I would listen and give advice. He asked me to pray for him a lot, and I did of course.
Recently, I tried calling him and his phone was turned off - for a whole week. I had a feeling he was probably hospitalized, because he had been telling me how much he as suffering and that he wanted to go to rehab. Anyway, after a week I got in touch with him… but he had been acting kind of different, in the sense that he wouldn’t call as much or talk. Seems like he got better and doesn’t care anymore, becaue I told he seemed different and he said that he thinks the meds are finally working … he said again, “pray for me.” He is always asking me to pray for him, and of course I did but to be honest I have my own issues, and he knows about things that have been bothering me but he doesn’t really care or pray for me… I feel bad asking him to pray for me when he has this disorder. Anyway, is it wrong for me to not pray for him anymore? or to tell him that I think he used me and that I want to keep my distance ?
Recently, I tried calling him and his phone was turned off - for a whole week. I had a feeling he was probably hospitalized, because he had been telling me how much he as suffering and that he wanted to go to rehab. Anyway, after a week I got in touch with him… but he had been acting kind of different, in the sense that he wouldn’t call as much or talk. Seems like he got better and doesn’t care anymore, becaue I told he seemed different and he said that he thinks the meds are finally working … he said again, “pray for me.” He is always asking me to pray for him, and of course I did but to be honest I have my own issues, and he knows about things that have been bothering me but he doesn’t really care or pray for me… I feel bad asking him to pray for me when he has this disorder. Anyway, is it wrong for me to not pray for him anymore? or to tell him that I think he used me and that I want to keep my distance ?