D
dad_o_six
Guest
I don’t want to be a nosey Nellie, but I have a friend whose children are unbaptised. He has expressed to me that it “greatly bothers” him. This is a very complicated situation, so let me explain some of the factors. One, his wife is Catholic, attended Catholic school K-16, and now teaches at a Catholic school. He is from a Protestant denomination, Lutheran, from which the modern church would, I think, accept the baptism. I suggested to him that the most important thing would be to get the children baptized. They do not wish to raise the children as Catholics, but his wife would like to continue teaching at the Catholic school, her dream job, even though it pays significantly less than the public schools. They do not want to get the children baptized in the Lutheran church for fear that the principal of the Catholic school would hear about it. Also, this is actually a fairly good friend, as well as a co-worker whom I don’t care to tick off.
Of course part of my concern is the children and this rather bizarre set of choices and how to voice (or not) my concern. On a larger scale, though, I question the policies that have allowed this situation to develop, and I really blame the priest in charge of the school, though he’s mostly dealing with the consequences of bad policies, such as allowing non-Catholics into Catholic school.
Of course part of my concern is the children and this rather bizarre set of choices and how to voice (or not) my concern. On a larger scale, though, I question the policies that have allowed this situation to develop, and I really blame the priest in charge of the school, though he’s mostly dealing with the consequences of bad policies, such as allowing non-Catholics into Catholic school.