Friendship, turning into dating, perhaps

  • Thread starter Thread starter seeker_of_God
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. šŸ™‚ I really appreciate the interest. I will definitely try to keep it updated.

It’s difficult for me because I’ve never gone through this before, so I don’t really know what to do.
You’re going to be just fine. You got this far, didn’t you? 😃 And a little secret? She’s just as nervous as you. Trust me. Enjoy this ā€œI like you, you like meā€ stage and just be yourself. Don’t put expectations in your mind of what’s ā€œsupposeā€ to happen & when. Your relationship is your own and is only between you, her and God. He will guide it for you as long as you let Him and trust in Him. šŸ˜‰
 
SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing that. That song always makes me cry - but in a good way.
Okay, so let’s review…
Learn song for girl. Check!
Perform with girl on song. Check!
Make all the ladies on CAF go, ā€œawwwwwwā€. Check!

😃
Lol thanks you made me laugh. 😃 We’re thinking of making a whole Christmas CD for our families if we have time before Christmas break. We both can sing and play the piano so we can alternate or something. Then next semester we’re getting into Phantom of the Opera because we both love it. She made me sing Music of the Night two weeks ago and it was really enjoyable. She shares a namesake with Christine from the play, too. šŸ™‚

Funnily enough, i’m not usually very outgoing when it comes to singing. But she asked me to sing that while we were in my dorm’s lobby where everyone can hear, and just taught me the words as we went, and I didn’t give a second thought to everyone else. Just her playing the piano and me singing. šŸ™‚
 
I didn’t realize it’s been like a month and a half—it doesn’t seem that long.

I hope no one minds if I update this again? This will probably be my last update for a while, provided everything continues to go well. But I just thought of this thread and thought maybe I should drop in since everyone seemed so interested before. šŸ™‚

I don’t know what to say since I don’t want to get too personal, but it’s been a month and a half and our relationship is so strong and we have been getting a lot closer. I went to her house for a week after Christmas and spent New Year’s with her family, which was about the best week I had had for a long time. It really brought us a lot closer and reaffirmed our feelings I think. And I really like her family. They are all Catholic, and a Catholic family is just one thing I never had. It was so special going to Mass with them on New Year’s. Things like that show me how much I really want a family of my own one day. But I felt like her family really accepted me, and that meant a lot.

Christmas break has been tough, but we’re going back to college on Sunday so I am very excited to see her again. We’re planning on her possibly coming to my house over spring break or something, so hopefully that works out.

I remember how uncertain I was about everything initially. Uncertain of how I really felt and afraid of ruining a great friendship. I suspected there might be something there but wasn’t positive and was really afraid of acting on it. But as time continues, those feelings only grow stronger. I think being with her for a week, at her house and with her family, really helped immensely though. There are just some things I learned about her and our relationship while I was there that I couldn’t have seen just being together on campus. Now I’m so much more confident about how I really feel, and I think she is, too.

I’d just like to ask if you’d please pray for us, just that God continues to bless our relationship and helps us to discern where it is going and what His will is for us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top