J
John_of_Woking
Guest
Is it morally acceptable to go to a horror/theme park fright night. www.thorpepark.com/frightnights
It is 18+ presumably because it is so scary
It is 18+ presumably because it is so scary
Hmmm, our choir is singing the Fauré ‘Requiem" on All Saints’ Day (though the Requiem is traditionally for All Souls’… our parish is celebrating our pastor’s 75th birthday on All Souls’ so there’s a time conflict with his birthday party at the KofC hall!). This is a BEAUTIFUL work… I’ve posted it below for everyone to enjoy if you’ve never heard it before or even if you have. Simply gorgeous! My favorite movement is the ‘Sanctus’-- it sounds like the heavenly choir has come down… picture the angels appearing in the sky, their voices ringing loud and clear their praises of God and Christ for the whole world to hear… then they fade away and return to heaven. Gives me goosebumps, and I 'm a soprano. Perhaps THOSE are the kinds of chills and bumps that we ought to be experiencing as Catholics on Halloween!I have been wrestling with the question of Halloween for many years. As I walk further on the spiritual path, I realize that I am less ad less attracted to the scary and grotesque. I resloved that this year I will focus on Halloween’s Catholic dimension as the Eve of All Saints. I think it is more beneficial to celebrate light, goodness, and beauty than the dark and grotesque things of secular Halloween. I haven’t quite worked out my final position on the topic but I know I need to commemorate the saints better than I have on past Halloweens.