G
goodcatholic
Guest
I should qualify that title with “the one and only God of Israel” pleaser.
That’s my life story in a nutshell. Or so it is turning out that way.Are there many other people pleasers out there? Who based their life on gaining and maintaining a good reputation in their family especially?
My mantra was “don’t make waves and don’t assert yourself in conversations, you might upset people”.
Now I am slowly not giving a hoot whether they call me weirdo conservative catholic or not. I don’t care. Because when you look at things from an eternal p.o.v. , it seems so minor, so trivial. To base your life on worrying about what people say about you, behind your back is crazy. Lunacy from myperspective now. Better late than never, to realise it. Praise the Lord!
That’s my life story in a nutshell. Or so it is turning out that way.Are there many other people pleasers out there? Who based their life on gaining and maintaining a good reputation in their family especially?
My mantra was “don’t make waves and don’t assert yourself in conversations, you might upset people”.
Now I am slowly not giving a hoot whether they call me weirdo conservative catholic or not. I don’t care. Because when you look at things from an eternal p.o.v. , it seems so minor, so trivial. To base your life on worrying about what people say about you, behind your back is crazy. Lunacy from myperspective now. Better late than never, to realise it. Praise the Lord!