From a Priest: "10 Reasons Why I love Hearing Confessions"

  • Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
👍

Dear Mdgspencer,

Thanks for this post:thumbsup: God bless.

Here is #10:
"Confessions open the door to see God the Father The confessional is like a living, active

drama of the prodigal son over and over and over again. There God the father waits at the

gate for the child who is heading home. There I am with him to be his representative. There

God is patient and kind and always forgiving. Confession is the door of the wardrobe open

to Narnia. It is the gate of the sheepfold open for the straying sheep. It is the voice of the

Good Shepherd, the still small voice in the opening to the cave. It is the voice at the

burning bush and the Father welcoming home."

:amen:
 
I love hearing from priests a little glimpse in their world of how things are from “their end” of the confessional. Great article.

Mary.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top