M
ManOnFire
Guest
From which side do you interpret Pink Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here?”:
So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue sky’s from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
Lyrics powered by LyricFind
written by WATERS, ROGER/GILMOUR, DAVID JON
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Read more at lyrics.com/wish-you-were-here-lyrics-pink-floyd.html#uE0VJMDoZx70HuIM.99
OK, we have opposing sides:
Option A: / Option B:
Heaven / from Hell,
Blue skies / from pain.
Can you tell a green field / From a cold steel rail?
Trade Your heroes / for ghosts?
Trade Hot ashes / for trees?
Trade Hot air / for a cool breeze?
Trade Cold comfort / for change?
Did you exchange A walk on part in the war / For a lead role in a cage?
As a moderate conservative, I see Option A as Love of Others: the innocence, fire, and passion of romantic emotional and spiritual love. I see Option B as Love of Self and the addiction to shallow amusements, physical and chemical pleasure that are designed to reduce the population. What’s your interpretation?
So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue sky’s from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We’re just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
And how we found
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.
Lyrics powered by LyricFindwritten by WATERS, ROGER/GILMOUR, DAVID JON
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Read more at lyrics.com/wish-you-were-here-lyrics-pink-floyd.html#uE0VJMDoZx70HuIM.99
OK, we have opposing sides:
Option A: / Option B:
Heaven / from Hell,
Blue skies / from pain.
Can you tell a green field / From a cold steel rail?
Trade Your heroes / for ghosts?
Trade Hot ashes / for trees?
Trade Hot air / for a cool breeze?
Trade Cold comfort / for change?
Did you exchange A walk on part in the war / For a lead role in a cage?
As a moderate conservative, I see Option A as Love of Others: the innocence, fire, and passion of romantic emotional and spiritual love. I see Option B as Love of Self and the addiction to shallow amusements, physical and chemical pleasure that are designed to reduce the population. What’s your interpretation?