D
DanielJT
Guest
Sine the Disney movie “Frozen” came out my daughter (now almost four) has been running around playing like she has “magic.” I do not see a problem with it because I believe in encouraging her imagination and she knows that nothing actually happens when she uses her magic. We play pretend like there is a castle growing around her and talk about how big and beautiful it is.
The problem I came into is when my nephew (now six) came to me and started to lecture me about the evils of magic. I know that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law have some pretty skewed views of the Bible. They are Moravian, which I am not sure what it is or where it came from, and neither are they apparently from what they have told me.
So my question is, how do I finesse this situation with the in-laws and their son? Are there some solid articles regarding child’s play and what is permissible as a Christian?
Or am I wrong? Maybe my little one shouldn’t pretend she has magic? If I need correction, I’ll take it.
This has just become incredibly awkward and I could use some insight. Thank you.
The problem I came into is when my nephew (now six) came to me and started to lecture me about the evils of magic. I know that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law have some pretty skewed views of the Bible. They are Moravian, which I am not sure what it is or where it came from, and neither are they apparently from what they have told me.
So my question is, how do I finesse this situation with the in-laws and their son? Are there some solid articles regarding child’s play and what is permissible as a Christian?
Or am I wrong? Maybe my little one shouldn’t pretend she has magic? If I need correction, I’ll take it.
This has just become incredibly awkward and I could use some insight. Thank you.