Frustrated with "trending" Pope Francis excommunicated mafia comments

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bulbasaur05
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bulbasaur05

Guest
I went there hoping to share communion of sorts with secular brothers and sisters on how awesome Pope Francis and how obviously he is brought to us by God. However, all the comments were about pedos. Are they not freaking reading the news?

I keep posting this
*You obviously are NOT reading the news, because the Pope has excommunicated ONE THOUSAND Child Molesting priests this year alone. Google it. *

I just feel overwhelmed as I really don’t have control over those people and most likely they won’t even read my replies. What can I do as one person to help change the secular world on this Earth? I feel so powerless over it.

Ideally, I would have liked to see comments like “Wow, God is reaching out to the World with this person.”
 
Why don’t you post a link instead, I cannot find such news.
 
I keep posting this
*You obviously are NOT reading the news, because the Pope has excommunicated ONE THOUSAND Child Molesting priests this year alone. Google it. *
Googled, no such results. Can you give some links?
 
This world has gone beyond the point of help. It has become a rotten, stinking rubbish tip ripe for incineration. Sadly the Church will continue on its downward slide thanks to secularisation. This will be upsetting to all faithful Catholics, so the sooner God can lance the ugly boil the earth has become, the better.

We should all pray for Armageddon. This godless, celebrity-obsessed, sex-worshipping society of ours deserves nothing better.

Best wishes,
Padster
 
Excommunication should start with pro abortion Catholics like Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry
 
@Ken, that was my question… if Pope Francis can excommunicate ALL mafia members, then why not women (and men who encouraged them) who have had abortions? Parents who have beaten their children? Criminals of all sorts. Etc.

I should look up *exactly * what Francis said and just who is excommunicated before I open my big mouth, I suppose.:o
 
This** world** has gone beyond the point of help. It has become a rotten, stinking rubbish tip ripe for incineration. Sadly the Church will continue on its downward slide thanks to secularisation. This will be upsetting to all faithful Catholics, so the sooner God can lance the ugly boil the earth has become, the better.

We should all pray for Armageddon. This godless, celebrity-obsessed, sex-worshipping society of ours deserves nothing better.

Best wishes,
Padster
  1. (Regarding the world) I am unaware of any such proclamation in either Sacred Scripture or the the teachings of the Church. What is your authority to make such a statement? This does not help the OP at all.
  2. Do not confuse the decadence of western society for the rest of humanities plight.
  3. The world will not(!) overcome the Church, Jesus Christ himself promised us as much.
  4. I would advise against praying for armageddon. Whilst a necessary event, it will not be nice, and (I imagine) many human beings will lose their lives in it, we should not pray for this.
Padster, I can empathize to an extent with your cynicism, but it is seductive and easy to fall into. As Christians we must continually pray for our enemies that they may be reconciled to Christ and His Church. Remember, this is not the antediluvian era anymore. Christ has redeemed the world…ergo everyone has a ‘shot’, if they so choose…

Guys, why all the sorrow on the Lord’s day? Did you not take Holy Communion today? Be of good cheer and let His blood course through your veins 🙂

To the OP: I am guessing that these people you are referring to have their minds made up before they even see the facts. It is our job to witness to the unbelievers (as you have); but as St. Paul teaches, if they will not hear us, shake the sand off your feet and leave!
 
Are you referring to the comments that are posted following the articles because I try to avoid them if possible. I have read three articles from different news sources about what the Pope did and the comments following are typical of other stories about the Church. We really have a problem with regards to the pedophilia scandal and I think it will continue to come up as a way for people to try to negate our Church. Because what I read is generally so far from the truth, I just try to avoid reading at all. And when I feel powerless against this secular world I simply resort to prayer. It is comforting to know that we can take it all to God and be listened to. BTW, I learned something from your thread as I did not know over a thousand pedophile priests had been excommunicated this year.
 
Agree - we can’t pick excommunication based upon flavor of the month ,

Need to address Catholic politicians being pro abortion
 
Social media is such an unwelcoming and ugly place these days 😦

I would just offer prayers for our Holy Father. You can’t force people to see things. Some people refuse to see the truth staring in their face. Don’t get bogged down in peoples resposes on social media. Our manners and humanity have mostly gone away on those venues (IMO).

Prayer for our Pope and for these people are the best course of action.
 
Social media is such an unwelcoming and ugly place these days 😦
My social media is quite warm and friendly, thank you. It all depends on who you follow and what you search. If you seek out anti-Catholic liberal venom, then you will surely find it. All popular media is full of that. However, if you look for faithful Catholic sources then you will find them as well, and I have invested much time and effort in crafting my Twitter and Facebook profiles such that I follow all the latest news in the world and the blogosphere, about all things Catholic, and the haters never get a voice unless I want to hear it.
 
I went there hoping to share communion of sorts with secular brothers and sisters on how awesome Pope Francis and how obviously he is brought to us by God. However, all the comments were about pedos. Are they not freaking reading the news?

I keep posting this
*You obviously are NOT reading the news, because the Pope has excommunicated ONE THOUSAND Child Molesting priests this year alone. Google it. *

I just feel overwhelmed as I really don’t have control over those people and most likely they won’t even read my replies. What can I do as one person to help change the secular world on this Earth? I feel so powerless over it.

Ideally, I would have liked to see comments like “Wow, God is reaching out to the World with this person.”
Unfortunately, you will wait a loooong time before you see comments like that from cyberspace; it is not a place where you will change hearts and minds, that is not why people go there. All we can do is pray, pray, pray.
 
Unfortunately, you will wait a loooong time before you see comments like that from cyberspace; it is not a place where you will change hearts and minds, that is not why people go there. All we can do is pray, pray, pray.
I see comments like that all the time in cyberspace. In fact I go here frequently to evangelize. I would not be an active Catholic Answers member if I wasn’t in the business of changing hearts and minds.

People go to the Internet for all kinds of reasons. It is the sacred duty of Catholics to meet people where they are and preach the Gospel to all the ends of the earth, and that means going on the Internet and sharing our Catholic faith with people who need it. Yes we should pray, but no we should not stop there. Evangelization is action, and the Internet is the front line of the battle for souls.
 
  1. (Regarding the world) I am unaware of any such proclamation in either Sacred Scripture or the the teachings of the Church. What is your authority to make such a statement? This does not help the OP at all.
  2. Do not confuse the decadence of western society for the rest of humanities plight.
  3. The world will not(!) overcome the Church, Jesus Christ himself promised us as much.
  4. I would advise against praying for armageddon.
Padster, I can empathize to an extent with your cynicism, but it is seductive and easy to fall into. As Christians we must continually pray for our enemies that they may be reconciled to Christ and His Church
I accept that I should have said western society, not the world. Of course, the world will not overcome the Church, but it will do a lot of damage in the process which will be very upsetting, and the Church will eventually return to the days of hiding out in caves.

I disagree with point number 4. All this ‘lovey-dovey’ post-1960’s nonsense hasn’t worked. The Church is haemorrhaging members in western countries, particularly the godless sh*t-tip where I unfortunately live called Britain. Let’s have Old Testament God back I say.

In atheistic, apathetic celebrity-obsessed Britain, the people couldn’t care less about Christ. They cringe and are embarrassed by the concept of His love. The only thing they understand is fear. They fear Muslims. They fear the Poles. So let God rain down fire from the sky onto the lot of them, myself included. And I’ll laugh myself sick as they all run about like headless chickens screaming for help from the God they were happy to ignore previously.

Best wishes,
Padster
 
I accept that I should have said western society, not the world. Of course, the world will not overcome the Church, but it will do a lot of damage in the process which will be very upsetting, and the Church will eventually return to the days of hiding out in caves.

I disagree with point number 4. All this ‘lovey-dovey’ post-1960’s nonsense hasn’t worked. The Church is haemorrhaging members in western countries, particularly the godless sh*t-tip where I unfortunately live called Britain. Let’s have Old Testament God back I say.

In atheistic, apathetic celebrity-obsessed Britain, the people couldn’t care less about Christ. They cringe and are embarrassed by the concept of His love. The only thing they understand is fear. They fear Muslims. They fear the Poles. So let God rain down fire from the sky onto the lot of them, myself included. And I’ll laugh myself sick as they all run about like headless chickens screaming for help from the God they were happy to ignore previously.

Best wishes,
Padster
Uhh… 😊
 
I accept that I should have said western society, not the world. Of course, the world will not overcome the Church, but it will do a lot of damage in the process which will be very upsetting, and the Church will eventually return to the days of hiding out in caves.

I disagree with point number 4. All this ‘lovey-dovey’ post-1960’s nonsense hasn’t worked. The Church is haemorrhaging members in western countries, particularly the godless sh*t-tip where I unfortunately live called Britain. Let’s have Old Testament God back I say.

In atheistic, apathetic celebrity-obsessed Britain, the people couldn’t care less about Christ. They cringe and are embarrassed by the concept of His love. The only thing they understand is fear. They fear Muslims. They fear the Poles. So let God rain down fire from the sky onto the lot of them, myself included. And I’ll laugh myself sick as they all run about like headless chickens screaming for help from the God they were happy to ignore previously.

Best wishes,
Padster
Hey Padster!

I actually do agree with everything you have said other than the “laughing myself sick…” part. I would advise you try and wrench that spirit out of yourself while still maintaining the sober and objective lens that you appear to have as regards the “…the world, the flesh, and the devil…”.
 
I accept that I should have said western society, not the world. Of course, the world will not overcome the Church, but it will do a lot of damage in the process which will be very upsetting, and the Church will eventually return to the days of hiding out in caves.

I disagree with point number 4. All this ‘lovey-dovey’ post-1960’s nonsense hasn’t worked. The Church is haemorrhaging members in western countries, particularly the godless sh*t-tip where I unfortunately live called Britain. Let’s have Old Testament God back I say.

In atheistic, apathetic celebrity-obsessed Britain, the people couldn’t care less about Christ. They cringe and are embarrassed by the concept of His love. The only thing they understand is fear. They fear Muslims. They fear the Poles. So let God rain down fire from the sky onto the lot of them, myself included. And I’ll laugh myself sick as they all run about like headless chickens screaming for help from the God they were happy to ignore previously.

Best wishes,
Padster
For some reason I think Christ would have said “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing”
 
For some reason I think Christ would have said “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing”
👍

Personally I too am a bit cynical about Western society and culture when it comes to treating Christianity. But we shouldn’t go all fire-and-brimstone preaching. It’s one of the reasons and targets for irreligious people to hate us even more. If we really want to change their minds about the Catholic Church and about Christianity in general we should approach them with charity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top