Fulton J. Sheen

  • Thread starter Thread starter maria_rose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maria_rose

Guest
I am currently reading Fulton J.Sheen’s autobiography “TREASURE IN CLAY”
It is absolutely wonderfull. I was wondering if any of you have recommendations of other books by Fulton Sheen.
What books/ biographies of other Catholic Figures do you recommend?
Thanks and God love you!🙂
 
I wish Fulton Sheen could take on Sean Hannity.
That would be hard to do even for Fulton Sheen… he died many years ago. However… it is a testimony to his life and his faith that his lessons still live on.

I am reading a wonderful book called “From the Angel’s Blackboard: The Best of Fulton J. Sheen.” It is a collection of his best works put together and organized.

I also downloaded (free) some of his sermons and talks. They average about 30 minutes and make great material for contemplation time.

Good luck!
 
That would be hard to do even for Fulton Sheen… he died many years ago. However… it is a testimony to his life and his faith that his lessons still live on.

I am reading a wonderful book called “From the Angel’s Blackboard: The Best of Fulton J. Sheen.” It is a collection of his best works put together and organized.

I also downloaded (free) some of his sermons and talks. They average about 30 minutes and make great material for contemplation time.

Good luck!
Do you have a URL from which you downloaded Bishop Sheen’s free talks?

thanks,
 
the World’s First Love…great book.
erm… wow!
I read the book, and didn’t know it was written by him. :eek:
Haha…

I read The World’s First Love and The Priest Is Not His Own, the second one really inspired me in my vocation discernment to the priesthood. The first one, I only read few chapters, and didn’t finish it. 😛

I get a lot of recommendation about these two books; From the Angel’s Blackboard and Life of Christ.
 
“Three to Get Married” a book every engaged couple should read before their maariage.👍

It is also good for married couples [a nice refresher]

I have an MP3 that I purchased with all of his talks 🙂 …can’t remember where I got it … I think Catholic Answers
 
His “Wartime Prayer Book” is excellent and still relevant today, even though it was written in WW II.
 
I haven’t got any book from him but I listen to his recordings on Radio on my way to work.
 
His “Wartime Prayer Book” is excellent and still relevant today, even though it was written in WW II.
I have that one too. It’s excellent !
Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations.
But I still have my second question:Any other biographies/ books about Catholic figures/saints That you recommend?
God love you!
 
His book Peace of Soul was an eye opener for my husband and me, and definitely one of my favorites. Particularly because I have a love for psychology. 👍
 
I am currently reading Fulton J.Sheen’s autobiography “TREASURE IN CLAY”
It is absolutely wonderfull. I was wondering if any of you have recommendations of other books by Fulton Sheen.
What books/ biographies of other Catholic Figures do you recommend?
Thanks and God love you!🙂
Funny. My wife was reading this book just last week (I was reading bits of it too)! It is very entertaining.

Have you read Thomas Merton’s Seven Storey Mountain?

Edwin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top