Fun ideas for introducing All Saints Day to small children?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ophelia23
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ophelia23

Guest
Hello friends! I was looking for suggestions from all you mamas and papas out there. My daughter is 2.5, and this is the first year we’re really doing Halloween for her. I know some Catholic families choose not to do Halloween but do All Saints Day instead… in our home, I really want to do both. At Mass, she has a collection of prayer cards with saint images on the front that she plays with. We have them marking various pages in her board-book about the Mass, and we talk about them a little bit. But I don’t think (or expect!) that she grasps the concept.

What are some fun, creative and exciting ways for me to begin introducing the concept of saints to my little one? I am trying to think of some fun activities we can do at home on All Saints day. Keep in mind, this is for a 2 year old. 🙂 Thanks in advance for any suggestions you give!

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r582/hawnjesa/10-12-201210-58-25AM_zpsde871df4.jpg <–I’m sure she thanks you, too! 👍
 
I think a little one might get the concept of angels quicker than saints. Gabriel, Michael and Raphael are all saints so you have both in them. What about an angel costume for All Saints Day? She can wear a halo and wings. Let her pick which one she wants to be. Make an angel food cake topped with a “cloud” of whipped cream. Dinner could be the three angel/saints in pancake form. :angel1:

What were your ideas?
 
I think a little one might get the concept of angels quicker than saints. Gabriel, Michael and Raphael are all saints so you have both in them. What about an angel costume for All Saints Day? She can wear a halo and wings. Let her pick which one she wants to be. Make an angel food cake topped with a “cloud” of whipped cream. Dinner could be the three angel/saints in pancake form. :angel1:

What were your ideas?
That’s a GREAT idea!! See, I was hitting a road block in my mind because I just wasn’t moving in the right direction. Now you’ve got me thinking! The Angel concept is something I can really run with!

We can do an art project together, gluing cotton balls on paper to make a cloud! And we could user her glitter crayons that she was given as a gift to color in a halo that I will draw out for her. And the angel food cake is a great idea! Oh this will be fun. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top