B
Benay
Guest
In reading the Prophets (Bible Study) we find that there were different levels, types, functions and requirements (including geneology) of Judaic Priests in terms of before and after the exile. I could find nothing at all about what function the Priests served during the Babylonian exile.
Am I searching for data that is merely historical? Or was the Priesthood changed during the exile because there was no temple and no sanctuaries in Babylon? Did the exile, itself, create the need for Synagogues and alter the function of Priests from giving sacrifice to a treaching role?
Since the destruction of the Temple at Jerusalem and the diaspora, Jewish worship services have been conducted in local Synagogues by Rabbis.Is this a result of the Diaspora or did this shift in focus come about during the Exile? I can’t seem to find out much about the Exilic period in Babylon from my biblical reference sources.
Just curious.
Am I searching for data that is merely historical? Or was the Priesthood changed during the exile because there was no temple and no sanctuaries in Babylon? Did the exile, itself, create the need for Synagogues and alter the function of Priests from giving sacrifice to a treaching role?
Since the destruction of the Temple at Jerusalem and the diaspora, Jewish worship services have been conducted in local Synagogues by Rabbis.Is this a result of the Diaspora or did this shift in focus come about during the Exile? I can’t seem to find out much about the Exilic period in Babylon from my biblical reference sources.
Just curious.